1st March 2018, 02:41 PM
Unregistered

What course should I choose in Graduation to become a Journalist?

Hello, I live in Guwahati and studying in 11th Arts. I want to become a Journalist. So, for this what course I should select in Graduation and moving towards my aim? I don’t want to enter in film industry so kindly tell me what to do now?

10th March 2018, 12:57 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What course should I choose in Graduation to become a Journalist?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello, I live in Guwahati and studying in 11th Arts. I want to become a Journalist. So, for this what course I should select in Graduation and moving towards my aim? I don’t want to enter in film industry so kindly tell me what to do now?

You can choose BA Journalism or BA Journalism and Mass Communication course to become a journalist in the future. The above mentioned courses are available in various colleges in India. It is better to study the course from any reputed colleges. You have to clear an entrance examination for the admission to the BA Journalism and Mass Communication course in some reputed colleges. You can also study MA Journalism and Mass Communication or can work as a journalist after completion of BA Journalism course.
19th March 2018, 04:43 PM
dakshahuja

Hi
After your 12th you can go for B.A. (Journalism and Mass Communication). Eligibility criteria for the same in most of the top universities is Pass with 50% aggregate marks in 10+2 (with English)

So it will be advisable if you do your degree from a well known university and that provides prime placement opportunity, outstanding industrial exposure and professional enhancement training. I can enlist some university for your help - Lovely Professional University, Symbiosis University, Sharda University etc.

I hope it helps.
22nd March 2018, 04:32 PM
dakshahuja

Hi

You can go for B.A journalism and mass communication. Eligibility criteria in most of the top universities is pass with 50% aggregate marks in 10+2 (with English) it may vary with the university you choose.

It’s better to choose good institute or university which offers you good practical and industrial exposure, good placements like Lovely Professional University, Symbiosis Institute of business management, Christ university and few others.

I hope it helps.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?