13th November 2016, 05:29 PM
Deesooja kumar lahre

What is the difference between Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology? Which of them has more career opportunities?

Respected Sir, I am willing to pursue my career in either Genetic Engineering or Biotechnology but I am very confused which to choose. I want to know what is the difference between Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology? Which of them has more career opportunities? Please answer as soon as possible.

Related Questions:
  1. What is the scope of biotechnology and genetic engineering? What are the job opportunities?
  2. Mtech in Genetic engineering after Btech in biotechnology engineering?
  3. Genetic engineering B.Tech colleges in India
  4. What is the scope of Biotechnology in India? Difference between Biotech and genetic engineering?
  5. Which course is better in B.Tech between Biotechnology and Genetic Engineering?
  6. What should we study after +2 to study genetic engineering in future ?
  7. What are the career opportunities after completing Genetic Engineering? Will I get a job in America and what will be the salary? -- [New]
  8. Which is better agricultural biotechnology or genetic engineering or plant breeding for M.Sc course?
  9. Percentage needed in 12th board exam to get admission in Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology course? Entrance exam which I need to answer?
  10. Percentage of marks required in boards to get admission for Genetic Engineering Biotechnology? What are the main subjects in Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology? Which is the entrance exam?
  11. Career Opportunities After M.Sc. Biotechnology
  12. Genetic engineering B.Tech entrance exams and colleges in India
  13. is banasthali is a good university? -- [Most Discussed]
  14. Is biotechnology and genetic engineering two different courses?
  15. Difference between Genetic Engineering and Genetic Science?
  16. Can I do genetic engineering after completing graduation in BSc Biotechnology?
  17. How good is Biotechnology as a career? Scope in Indian and Abroad?
  18. How to become a genetic engineer after choosing Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Biotechnology
9th August 2017, 10:05 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the difference between Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology? Which of them has more career opportunities?

Genetic engineering is different from biotechnology and both have different scope in different fields. For admission in B.Tech genetic engineering, you need to study maths along with biology in class 12th.

For biotechnology, maths is not essential, but some colleges ask for it. These both fields have scope only on research and development field. There are various clinical research organisations and other R&D companies, who can hire you after these degrees.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?