31st December 2016, 03:41 PM
Unregistered

What is the eligibility to do economics honor at DU?

Hello Sir, I have appeared in the 12th board exam, but my stream is commerce without maths and I have subjects economics, business studies, accountancy, English, computer science. I want to do economics honor at DU. Can I do that or have some problem?

31st December 2016, 05:14 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the eligibility to do economics honor at DU?

*DU stands for Delhi University. Admission in Delhi University is based on percentage of marks scored in 12th.

*The eligibility criteria for admission in Economics Honors in DU is that you must have done 12th with two essential subjects economics and mathematics. You can not get admission in Delhi University without studying mathematics in 12th.
31st December 2016, 05:36 PM
FRESHANSWERS
Senior Member+

The University of Delhi informally known as Delhi University is a public central collegiate university, located in New Delhi, India.

For economics honor course candidate must have passed 12th class with maths from a recognized board.

As per my knowledge, you are not eligible to do economics honor at DU. For detailed information you can contact at given below address.

Address: South Campus, South Moti Bagh, New Delhi, Delhi 110021
Phone: 011 2700 6900
31st December 2016, 05:52 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

1. Mathematics is one of the compulsory subject for commerce stream candidates who want to pursue Bachelor's Degree in Economics Honours from Delhi University.

2. You have not studied Mathematics in 12th board examination, you are not eligible for admission in Economics Honours in Delhi university.
31st December 2016, 06:17 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to get admission in Delhi university in Economics Hons course.

The admission is offered on basis of merit score in board examination. The eligibility to get admission is that candidate must have passed 12th with mathematics as main paper.

For detail information about admission visit at www.du.ac.in.
31st December 2016, 06:19 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

DU stands for Delhi University. It is considered to be one of the best university for UG and PG courses in India. The percentage of marks required to get admission in UG courses in top colleges are between 95-100%.

Eligibility criteria for Economics Honors:

>>Candidate must have done 10+2 from a recognized board with economics and mathematics as compulsory subject.

>>Your stream in 12th is commerce without mathematics, you can not get admission in DU in Economics Honors.
31st December 2016, 06:24 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

The admission in colleges affiliated with Delhi university in undergraduate course is mainly on the basis of merit score but in few course you have to appear and qualify in entrance examination.

For admission the aggregate in best four subject is taken in consideration and now it is mandatory to have mathematics as main paper in board examination for admission in Economics as well as in Commerce honors.

So, are not eligible for admission. To get information in detail you can visit at www.du.ac.in.
31st December 2016, 06:54 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility Criteria Required to do Economics Honors at DU:

Yes, you are eligible to pursue Economics Honors course at Delhi University after completion of 12th Class with the above mentioned subjects. The minimum educational qualification required to be eligible for doing Economics Honors at Delhi University course is "12th Class" in 10+2 pattern. As you are done with Economics, English and Computer Science and Business studies course at 12th Class level you are eligible to pursue Economics Honour course.

For More Details, Click here
31st December 2016, 08:42 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

As per DU admission guidelines and notifications it is compulsory to have mathematics as main paper in 12th board examination.

So, you will be not eligible to get admission in Delhi university without having mathematics in 12th.

To get details visit at www.du.ac.in.
31st December 2016, 09:30 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello Sir, I have appeared in the 12th board exam, but my stream is commerce without maths and I have subjects economics, business studies, accountancy, English, computer science. I want to do economics honor at DU. Can I do that or have some problem?
If you have completed 12th standard with above 75% from a recognized university with Economics subject then you are eligible B.A in Economics in Delhi University.

You age should be above 16 years.
31st December 2016, 10:16 PM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

No, I am sorry to say that you are not eligible to pursue Economics Honors from Delhi University, because you did not have mathematics/business mathematics as your subject in 12th standard. Candidates who have studied mathematics/business mathematics as their subject in 12th standard are eligible to pursue Economics Honors. I must say that your elective subjects are fine, but as you did not have mathematics/business mathematics as one of your subjects in 12th standard, so you are not eligible to the above mentioned course.
19th February 2018, 10:49 PM
Unregistered

If I have humanities and economics as one of subject but not having maths . I%u2019m eligible for BA economics honours?
21st February 2018, 05:43 PM
jaswant Kumar shrivas
Junior Member+

The DU admissions 2017 eligibility criteria includes academic qualification, age limitation, qualifying marks which a candidate must meet to avail admissions to UG programmes offered at the university.

The candidates eligibility is determined by verifying documents related to academic qualification and age proof certificate at the time of DU counselling.
28th May 2018, 06:35 PM
Unregistered

If I scored 90% marks in class 12 and I have been studying maths. Can I get admission in Delhi university? And I also want to know what are the subjects included in the entrance test for economic honours?
26th March 2020, 04:06 PM
Unregistered

are we required to write an entrance test to get an admission for ba economics honours course at delhi university?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?