4th November 2015, 02:21 PM
Unregistered

What is the procedure followed to join Indian Navy after completion of graduation with economics honours?

I am completing my graduation with economics honours. how can I join Indian navy. plz tell me details about exams i need to appear. Can someone please give me the complete information on the same? Awaiting to get the answer soon!

4th November 2015, 07:03 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the procedure followed to join Indian Navy after completion of graduation with economics honours?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am completing my graduation with economics honours. how can I join Indian navy. plz tell me details about exams i need to appear. Can someone please give me the complete information on the same? Awaiting to get the answer soon!
Indian Navy is one of the defence force of India and to join in this force there are many entrance exams which are conducted and for which you need to satisfy the eligibility criteria framed.

Having mentioned that you have completed graduation with economics you are eligible for joining in Indian navy. You can apply for the CDS Exam which stands for Combined Defence Service, conducted by UPSC and is held every year. This is a defence service exam and through this exam you can join in forces such as Indian army, navy and air force.

The eligibility needed for applying for Indian navy are:

-> Candidate should have a citizenship in India.

-> Age limit needed is 19-22 years.

-> Educational qualification needed for joining in Indian navy through CDS is that, candidate should have completed a degree in engineering from a recognized university.

-> Apart from all these candidate need to be physically fit.

If you satisfy all the above mentioned criteria's then you can apply for the CDS Exam. To know more info regarding the exam check at the official site of UPSC at http://www.upsc.gov.in
4th November 2015, 08:30 PM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the procedure followed to join Indian Navy after completion of graduation with economics honours?

As you have completed your graduation in Economics, you have very limited Naval job opportunities.

The candidates who have passed graduation in Economics honors can find the position in Logistics cadre, Pilot, Observer etc in Indian Navy.

Short Service Commission (SSC) recruits the candidates for the above mentioned posts.

ELIGIBILITY :

* Candidate should be citizen of India.

* Candidate can be subject of Nepal, Bhutan.

* Candidates age should be in the range of 19-25 years.

* Age relaxation is applicable as per norms.

* Candidate should complete graduation in Economics/ B.com/ BCA or MCA/ Catering Technology.
4th November 2015, 10:31 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Being a economic honours you are not eligible for joining Indian Navy as for the same wing of Indian Defense after your graduation you need to have either Physics or Mathematics or any engineering trade as your subject of graduation.

But you have the option of Indian Army with you in the defense services as for this wing there is no compulsion of subject in your graduation degree. You just need to have completed your bachelor's degree from a recognized university.

Now, In order to join Indian Army you will need to clear Combined Defense Services( CDS ) entrance examination which is conducted twice every year by Union Public Service Commission in two stages which are known as Written examination and Service Selection Board interview respectively.

Apart from the educational qualification, the qualifications which you must have for appearing in the same examination for joining Indian Army are as here under :-

* You must have the nationality of India.

* Your age must be within 19 years to 24 years.

* You must be physically and mentally tough as per the service requirement norm.

For any further queries associated with the same examination you can visit the website www.upsc.gov.in.
4th November 2015, 11:33 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Procedure for Indian Navy through CDS exam:-

CDS written exam

GD

Physical exam

Medical exam

You have completed graduation degree in Economics so you are not eligible for Indian Navy exam.

To enter the Naval Academy you need to have a B.E./B.Tech degree in engineering or technology or a bachelor's degree in science with physics or mathematics and your age should be in between 19 to 22 years.

Best books for CDS exam:-

Pathfinder CDS: Combined Defence Services Entrance Examination
by Sanjeev Jain, Amit Rastogi, Atul Sharma, Digvijay Singh, Preeti Gupta, Prashant Kumar, Balmukud Singh
Publisher: Arihant Publications

CDS Combined Defence Services Examination: 10 Practice Sets
by Expert Compilations
Publisher: Arihant Publications
4th November 2015, 11:59 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Sorry that you are not eligible for Indian Navy after completing Graduation with Economics. You need to complete Graduation in Science stream with Physics and Mathematics as a main subject to be eligible for Indian Navy. However, you can apply for Indian Army after completing Graduation in Economics. You can join in Indian Army through CDS entrance exam conducted by the Union Public Service Commission.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?