23rd January 2016, 11:27 AM
Unregistered

What is the scope of doing English Honours course in DU?

I want to study English Honours course in Delhi University. So can you please tell me about the scope of doing this course in Delhi University? Please reply at the earliest.

Related Questions:
  1. Scope of B.Sc honours in Chemistry in terms of job options?
  2. Does B.Sc honours have more scope than plain B.Sc? In which stream to do honours? -- [Most Discussed]
  3. Which course has a better scope Maths honours or Statistics honours?
  4. What is the scope of doing English Honours course in DU? -- [New]
  5. Can I join English honors program of DU having 89 marks in English in 12th board?
  6. Reputed colleges with fee expenses which offer B.A.(English) Honours in India? Scope and percentage required in 12th to get admission?
  7. Economics honours or B.Com honours which is best? Scope after both the courses?
  8. Regarding English honours in a reknowned college
  9. Can I apply for English Honours if scored 64 marks in English of 12th PCM? List of courses with good colleges if secured 54% in 12th PCM? Should I apply for BBA instead of English Honours?
  10. Can i do MA in English after completing B.Com Honours from Delhi University?
  11. Marks or percentages required for English honours at St. Xavier's college?
  12. Full syllabus of M.A. English honours and entrance exam for admission in M.A.?
  13. What is the scope and placement available after completion of B.Com Honours course?
  14. How can i become a English Lecturer after studying English Honours?
  15. Eligibility for English honours from reputed institutes of Kolkata?
  16. Change from English honours to Geography honours from one college of Calcutta university to other?
  17. Scope of getting good job after Statistics honours?
  18. Career options after doing English honours from Delhi university? What can be done in future?
24th January 2016, 05:48 PM
RSJ66
Senior Member++

Default Re: What is the scope of doing English Honours course in DU?

# A candidate with bachelor in English from Delhi University or from any other reputed university has job prospects in following areas which are mentioned below:

* Government organizations
* School/College/University (as teaching profession)
* Mass Communication Firms
* Research Institute
* Translator in various government departments
* Tourist Guide in Travel Agencies
* English Tutor Field

# Candidate after completing English honours can even go for higher studies in following areas:

* Bachelor in Education (B.Ed.)
* Master of Philosophy in English
* Master of Social Work (M.S.W)
* Master of Arts in Communicative English
* Master of Arts in Human Resource Management
* Master of Women's Studies
* Master of Arts in Journalism
* Master of Arts in Sociology
* Master of Arts in Mass Communication
* Master of Arts in English
* Master of Arts in Travel and Tourism Management
* Master of Arts in Public Administration
* Master of Philosophy in English Literature
* Master of Arts in Psychology
* Master of Philosophy in English and Communicative Studies
* Master of Arts in Personnel Management
* Master of Arts in English and Communicative Studies
* Master of Arts in English Literature
* Master of Arts in English Literature and American Studies
24th January 2016, 11:19 PM
ShreeRocks
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I want to study English Honours course in Delhi University. So can you please tell me about the scope of doing this course in Delhi University? Please reply at the earliest.
The aspirant can work in many areas after English Honors from Delhi University. The aspirant can work in publications, E- publishing, marketing, newspapers, technical writer, content writer, proof reader, etc. The aspirant can also study Journalism and Mass communication. The job opportunities are more in these lines. You can work as a teacher and work in BPOs as an accent trainer. You can go for MBA in Marketing or HR and pursue your career in that area. The English skill will help you to pursue your career.
26th January 2016, 03:36 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

Delhi University is among one of the best universities in India. If you want to pursue graduation in english honours is really good choice.

English also offers various opportunities either in pursuing higher studies or job sector.

You can pursue higher studies in some of the given fields:-

Master's degree in english
Master's degree in journalism
Master's degree in mass communication
Master's degree in Public Administration
Master's degree in Communicative English
MBA from Finance, Marketing etc.
Bachelor of Education
P.hd and many more.

You get various job opportunities also. You can write vafious competitive exams like banks, railways etc.

You can also qualify NET examination for joining lecturership. Here is one important thing which you should know that there is no higher age limit for this.
6th January 2017, 06:33 PM
Unregistered

What percentage required for English honours in Delhi university???is there any entrance exam for admission???
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?