18th July 2017, 07:51 PM
Unregistered

What should I do after 12th to get admission in IIM?

Sir, I am an student of class 12th. I want to be admission in IIM, what should be required after qualified intermediate. Please tell me the process.

19th July 2017, 10:57 AM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should I do after 12th to get admission in IIM?

In order to get admission in IIM, you should have completed your graduation in any discipline with minimum 60% and above marks from a recognized college/university.

With this eligibility you have to appear for CAT examination. The selection of the candidates for admission in IIM depends on the performance in the entrance examination, so you have to prepare well.
19th July 2017, 08:56 PM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

The IIM (Indian Institute of Management) offers a five years integrated programme in management.The program is for students who have passed out class 12th/Higher Secondary or its equivalent from various recognized school in India.
Eligibility Criteria:
>A candidate should have scored 60% marks in 12th standard or its equivalent examination from a recognized board.There is a 5% marks relaxation is applicable for reserved category candidates.

Candidate seeking admission in IIM for 5 years integrated course are required to appear in IPMAT examination which is conducted in the month of May.
For admission process there will be an aptitude test and personal interview for the selection of the candidates.
Government of India reservation norms would be followed while admitting the candidates.
19th July 2017, 11:00 PM
SahnawazExpert
Banned

IIM offers only Post Graduate programme however IIM Indore offers a 5 year integrated post graduate programme in management which which comprise of three year degree programme followed by Masters.
20th July 2017, 11:44 AM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

IIM refers to Indian Institute of Management and IIMs are regarded as the best business school of India which is known for quality education in management courses.

Further for admissions in IIMs one has to qualify CAT ( Common Aptitude Test) which is held once every year by various IIMs following a rotation policy.

Further to appear in CAT you need to have completed your graduation degree course with at least 50% aggregate from a recognized university. Relaxation of 5% is allowed for candidates belonging to SC/ST and PH category.

So to get admission in IIM you first need to complete your graduation degree course with required percentage and then have to qualify CAT with best percentile score.
22nd July 2017, 01:57 PM
Solo13
Senior Member+

IIM stands for Indian Institute of Management. For getting admission in IIm you have to apply for CAT exam.

Cat stands for Common Aptitude Test. You will get admission according to your score in CAT exam.

A candidate must be graduated with any stream with minimum 50% marks in graduation.

By qualifying Cat you will get admission in IIM for MBA course.
12th October 2017, 09:07 PM
kunalroy89

Doesn't matter which course you opt for in Graduation.Admission in IIM requires high percentile in CAT exam. For CAT ,one needs to be a graduate from ANY stream. Better will be to start preparing right now. Mathematics, English,General studies etc you can start from now. Try to clear CAT with very high percentile and get into IIM.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?