8th October 2017, 02:40 PM
Unregistered

Is it possible or not to change branch in 2nd year of engineering?

Hi, I am Bhavik. Now I am in mechanical engineering in 2nd semester and I am not interested in mechanical engineering. I want to change my branch after 2nd semester in civil engineering. Is it possible or not?

8th October 2017, 02:51 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible or not to change branch in 2nd year of engineering?

No, it is not possible to change branch in 2nd year of Engineering. No change in branch or college is allowed once, you have taken admission and finished first year of Engineering course. In case, if you are not interested to pursue Mechanical Engineering course, you can discontinue from the course and you can take fresh admission in first year of Civil Engineering course for pursuing your higher studies.
8th October 2017, 04:04 PM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

Sorry to say, but it is not possible to change engineering branch in 2nd year.
A candidate can only change his/her engineering branch before registration process and once registration is done, no further change in stream can be made.
8th October 2017, 04:37 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi, I am Bhavik. Now I am in mechanical engineering in 2nd semester and I am not interested in mechanical engineering. I want to change my branch after 2nd semester in civil engineering. Is it possible or not?

Yes, it is possible to change branch after completion of 1st year engineering. Students have to contact the college management with a request letter to change the branch. If any seats available in the requested department, they will transfer the students to that department. Students have to contact the college before commencement of 2nd year classes. Students with good marks in the first year are considered for the change of department. Students should contact the college management for the change of department.
8th October 2017, 07:03 PM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

Yes, if you want to change your stream from mechanical engineering to civil engineering just after completing your 1st year then it is possible. But, you cannot change it during or after 2nd year. If you want to change the branch, then just write a request application and mention the details there. Then submit the application to the HOD of your college. If you have really good marks in the 1st year then there is a possibility that they might allow you to change the branch.
12th October 2017, 08:26 PM
kunalroy89

This branch change rule is not valid in all colleges/universities. Even if it is there in your college, there is a minimum marks criteria in 1st and 2nd semester. And, there must be vacant seat in the desired branch. There is either an application form for branch change, OR, a letter has to be addressed to your current HOD.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?