9th January 2017, 01:15 AM
Unregistered

How to go for military training after completion of 12th standard?

I'm from Pretoria and currently in grade 12. It is my greatest desire to go for a military training and become a member of an army and serve my country. How can I obtain the application form or apply for the intake? What are the steps to follow for it?

14th January 2017, 04:34 AM
Sameerthapar123

Default Re: How to go for military training after completion of 12th standard?

After your 12th standard exam, to get into military training i.e Army, Navy or Airforce, you will have to give an entrance exam called the NDA.
NDA stands for National Defence Academy.
There are quite a few eligibility criteria's involved such as you must be between the age of 16-19 whilst giving this exam.You must be unmarried and shall also necessarily be an Indian citizen. Even Nepal and Bhutan citizens are given some chance.

After you have given the NDA and passed the exam, there will be a physical test for which your height must be greater than 5.5 feet.
If you want to get into airforce, your eyesight must not be deteriorated a lot. It must be as near to 6/6 as possible.
The exam has 2 papers: written and logical.
These exams are both multiple choice with a marking scheme of +4,-1.

Even if you do not want to join the Army now, you can do your graduation first and then apply for it. This is a different way and a tougher one. You will have to be an engineer first of all. Then apply for the 7-10 seats that open up each year for these engineers to get into Army. This is a quite a lot tougher.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?