6th January 2016, 12:09 AM
Unregistered

Admission criteria for Ph.D course after M.A from Madras university?

I am from Bengaluru. Last year I passed the 2nd year MA(Vaishnavism) course from University of Madras scoring more than 70 percent. Now I wish to pursue my Phd Course from same university. Please let me know the criteria & rules for admission to Phd. Awaiting your reply
With kind regards,
M N Sriranganayaki

Related Questions:
  1. How can I get admission to study PhD in Mathematics in Madras University? Detailed information about this course?
  2. Contact address of Madras University to study PhD in Mathematics?
  3. Ph.D Mathematics from Madras University or any central University after M.Sc?
  4. Should I have to appear in NET to study PhD in IIT-Madras if completed M.Sc(Chemistry)? Eligibility to get admission?
  5. List of guides to do Ph.D in Madras University for mathematics discipline?
  6. Am I eligible for doing Ph.D in Madras University with 57% marks in Masters degree?
  7. Entrance exam to study PhD in Physics at Madras University?
  8. Detailed information about PhD in Mathematics course offered in Lucknow University, Madras University and Allahabad University?
  9. Can I do PhD having only 51% in PhD?
  10. Recognised university for correspondence M.Phil/PhD in English?
  11. Is my decision of pursuing PhD right?
  12. Some good colleges for M.Sc. in Chemistry? -- [Most Discussed]
  13. What is the admission criteria of Ph.D? I have done MBA and want to do Ph.D
  14. Can I apply for correspondence PhD in Maths programme in Tamil Nadu or Kerala if completed M.Phil from Madras University being a lecturer?
  15. What's the eligibility criteria and admission procedure for PhD(pharmaceutics) in Germany?
  16. Is GATE scorecard acceptable in Anna University for admission in PhD program?
  17. Criteria of getting admission in M.Phil and PhD? Streams through which student can get both M.Phil and PhD? Duration and fee structure to do this from Osmania University?
  18. Ph.D in zoology: How to apply, Qualifications, Entrance Exams and Details
6th January 2016, 11:51 AM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Admission criteria for Ph.D course after M.A from Madras university?

Admission Criteria for Ph.D course after M.A from Madras university :
  • Candidate have to apply for admission online through Madras University website.
  • Candidate have to appear in entrance exam conducted by Madras University for Ph.D admissions.
  • Candidate must have passed masters degree from any recognised university.
  • Candidate must have secured more than 55% marks in master degree.
  • There is no age limit.
6th January 2016, 07:31 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Admission criteria for Ph.D course after M.A from Madras university?

You should try to clear UGC NET in your subject and then you will be surely eligible for admission top universities for your PH.D programme. Selection will be based on the performance in the interview after qualifying NET/SET.

If you don't have NET/SET score then you will have to appear for written exam and interview conducted by the concerned university. Admission is announced every year by universities and you have to keep track of it and apply on a prescribed format.
6th January 2016, 11:49 PM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am from Bengaluru. Last year I passed the 2nd year MA(Vaishnavism) course from University of Madras scoring more than 70 percent. Now I wish to pursue my Phd Course from same university. Please let me know the criteria & rules for admission to Phd. Awaiting your reply
With kind regards,
M N Sriranganayaki
The eligibility to study the PhD programme in Madras University is a Master’s Degree with 55% marks. The aspirant can do full time or part time PhD. The duration of the full time PhD is 3 years. The admission for PhD programme can be made 4 times a year i.e. January, April, July and October. The aspirant has to pass an entrance examination for the admission. The aspirant can check the details in the pdf link given
http://www.unom.ac.in/uploads/announ...4950_48535.pdf
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?