23rd September 2015, 04:15 PM
Unregistered

Entrance exam to study PhD in Physics at Madras University?

Sir,
I would like to do PhD in Madras University in Physics. Can you tell me that what entrance exam I have to give for admission? Please let me know as soon as possible.

Related Questions:
  1. Contact address of Madras University to study PhD in Mathematics?
  2. How can I get admission to study PhD in Mathematics in Madras University? Detailed information about this course?
  3. Detailed procedure to study PhD in Physics in University of Cambridge for M.Sc candidate?
  4. Entrance exams to study PhD in Physics except UGC-NET for B.Ed and M.Sc candidate?
  5. Am I eligible to study PhD with stipend without any entrance exam in India being a Physics postgraduate?
  6. List of guides to do Ph.D in Madras University for mathematics discipline? -- [New]
  7. How can I apply to study PhD if completed M.Sc in Atomic & Molecular Physics?
  8. Procedure to get admission to study PhD in Physics at Mumbai University for a candidate who has completed M.Phil and B.Ed from Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam?
  9. Am I eligible to study PhD in Physics in Christ University being a postgraduate?
  10. Ph.D Mathematics from Madras University or any central University after M.Sc? -- [Most Discussed]
  11. Eligibility to study PhD in Physics for M.Sc candidate?
  12. Eligibility to study PhD in Shivaji University for a M.Phil(Physics) candidate of Mumbai University?
  13. Admission procedure to study PhD(Physics) in Mumbai University for M.Phil postgraduate of Kerala? Possibility to get direct admission?
  14. Study Materials of Physics for preparation of TIFR PhD entrance exam
  15. Can I get admission to study M.Sc and PhD through college if secure good rank in B.Sc course in India? Detailed information about study Physics/Genetics in B.Sc, M.Sc and PhD in Abroad?
  16. Universities offering PhD in Physics without any entrance exam in Maharashtra?
  17. PhD entrance exam of AIIMS and its syllabus?
  18. Entrance exams to study Integrated PhD in Physics in India?
13th May 2017, 06:52 PM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Entrance exam to study PhD in Physics at Madras University?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir,
I would like to do PhD in Madras University in Physics. Can you tell me that what entrance exam I have to give for admission? Please let me know as soon as possible.

Yes, an entrance test is conducted by the University for taking admission to PhD in Physics. Candidates with Master’s Degree in Physics (10+2+3+2 or 11+1+3+2) with at least 55% marks from a recognized university are eligible to apply for a PhD in Physics at Madras University. Admission to the PhD Physics is conducted on the basis of an entrance examination and interview. Candidates with a fellowship from the UGC, CSIR and teachers working in affiliated colleges shall be exempted from appearing in the entrance test. Applications are available on the university website; it can be downloaded & submitted for PhD admission.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?