12th July 2015, 10:56 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to do Ph.D with 51% marks in English?

Am I eligible to do Ph.D with 51% marks in English? Am not that good in English but will that be problem for me to do Ph.D course? Can someone please let me know the complete information on this as soon as possible. Awaiting for the answer!

13th July 2015, 12:17 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to do Ph.D with 51% marks in English?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Am I eligible to do Ph.D with 51% marks in English? Am not that good in English but will that be problem for me to do Ph.D course? Can someone please let me know the complete information on this as soon as possible. Awaiting for the answer!
If you have completed M.A in English with 51% then you are not eligible for Ph.D course.

Those candidates who have completed masters degree in english from a recognized university with above 55% marks are eligible for Ph.D course.

There is no age criteria.
13th July 2015, 03:14 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

No, I am sorry to say that you are not eligible for Ph.D course in English after having scored 51% in your PG degree as the minimum percentage required to pursue Ph.D course is 55%.
14th July 2015, 01:21 AM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

You can do Ph.d Course with only the condition that you need to satisfy which is the educational qualification needed. The needed educational qualification for doing Ph.d is that, the candidate should have completed a Master's degree from a recognized university.

The best institutes where you can do your Ph.d in India are:
  • Anna University, Chennai
  • Annamalai University, Chennai
  • Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi
  • University of Calcutta, West Bengal
  • Jamia Millia Islamia University, New Delhi
  • Shri Jagdishprasad Jhabarmal Tibrewala University, Rajasthan
  • Adamas University, Barasat, Kolkata
  • Delhi Degree College, Badarpur, Delhi
  • Pune Institute, B S Dhole Patil Path, Pune
  • Maharaj Vinayak Global University, Jaipur
  • Sangam University, Bhilwara
  • Amity University, Noida
14th July 2015, 03:08 PM
ArunavaBasu
Senior Member++++

If you are from the reserved category and you have completed your M.A in English with 51% marks then you are eligible to do the course of PhD.
If you are from the general category then I am sorry to say that you are not eligible for the course of PhD.
As for the general category the 55% marks is required in Masters Degree to be eligible for the course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?