8th November 2016, 12:42 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to do Ph.D after completion of M.Sc long back?

I am 39 year old I want do Ph.D or M.Phil. I passed M.Sc in 1999. Can I do PhD or M.Phil? Am I eligible to do? Can you please provide me the procedure which I need to follow for the same? It will be helpful if you can answer me soon. Thanks!

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible to do Ph.D in mass and communication after completion of M.A Journalism long back?
  2. Am I eligible to do Ph.D after completion of M.Sc Computer Science?
  3. How and where can I join PhD in Industrial Biotechnology? Name of institutes and their requirements?
  4. Am I eligible to do Ph.D after a long gap of education?
  5. What is the eligibility criteria followed for doing Ph.D course? Am I eligible after completion of M.Sc course with 57% marks?
  6. Am I eligible to do Ph.D course after completion of M.Sc in Electronics?
  7. Am I eligible to do PhD after completion of MBA being in CA articleship?
  8. Am I eligible to apply for Ph.D in Biophysics after completion of M.Sc in Physics?
  9. Am I eligible to do Ph.D after completion of LLB course?
  10. Am I eligible to do Ph.D in India after completion of MA English literature long back?
  11. Am I eligible to do Ph.D in Maths after completion of B.Com Hons. course?
  12. What is the eligibility criteria followed for doing Ph.D in India and aborad based on GATE and CSIR? doing M.Sc Genetics after completion of B.Pharm after completion of M.Sc course?
  13. What should I do for doing Ph.D after completion of M.A Journalism long time back?
  14. Am I eligible to do M.Sc Agriculture in a different college after completion of B.Sc Agriculture course?
  15. Am I eligible to apply for PhD after completion of BBA and MBA in distance mode? -- [New]
  16. Am I eligible to do Ph.D after passing M.Sc in Mathematics with 49%? Is it possible to do M.Sc again to score good marks?
  17. What shall I do for pursuing PhD in Maths being not in touch with studies for long?
  18. Am I eligible to do Ph.D course after completion of M.Sc IT course? -- [Most Discussed]
8th November 2016, 08:18 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to do Ph.D after completion of M.Sc long back?

I am happy to tell you that definitely you are eligible to do Ph.D after the completion of M.Sc long time back, there is no problem in it.
Candidates those who have completed their Masters degree from a recognised University with a minimum of 55% of marks in it are eligible to opt for the Ph.D course.
Candidates must have to qualify in the NET examination to study the Ph.D course.
9th November 2016, 05:10 PM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am 39 year old I want do Ph.D or M.Phil. I passed M.Sc in 1999. Can I do PhD or M.Phil? Am I eligible to do? Can you please provide me the procedure which I need to follow for the same? It will be helpful if you can answer me soon. Thanks!

Yes, you are eligible to do PhD after completion of M.Sc long back. There is no age limit to do PhD, so you can do PhD. The candidates who have studied Master’s Degree in the subject concerned or in allied subject with over 55% marks are eligible to pursue PhD. There shall be an entrance test for all the candidates, the shortlisted candidates have to appear for interview and or give a seminar or group discussion or any such method of evaluation as per requirement by the Admission Committee. There are full time and part time in PhDs. If you satisfy the above condition then you are eligible to do PhD.
9th November 2016, 09:01 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can very much opt for PhD course after completion of your M.Sc but as you have completed it long time back, it will not be possible for you to get admission in regular mode, however you might get admission in the above mentioned course via distance education mode.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?