4th September 2016, 03:36 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to get Ph.D admission in IIT or NIT after completion of GATE with 87.64 percentile?

I got 87.64 percentile in gate.can I get the phd admission in iits or niits in biological science? Can you please provide me the information on the same? What is the procedure followed to apply for the college in IIT and NIT? Awaiting for the response.

Related Questions:
  1. Can I do PhD in IIT or NIT if secured 95.96 percentile in GATE-Biotechnology?
  2. Am I eligible to do Ph.D in IIT or NIT after completion of MCA with 76 percentage marks? -- [New]
  3. Can I get admission to study PhD in Biomedical Engineering in IIT if secured 94.6 percentile in GATE?
  4. From which NIT's or IITs can I pursue M.Tech or Ph.D in biotech? i have passed GATE with 89.36 percentile with 1080 AIR
  5. How to prepare for M.Tech to get seat in NITs pursuing final year of my B.Tech?
  6. Procedure to get admission in Manipal University to study PhD in Microbiology for a SC candidate who has secured 32.33 percentile in GATE? List of PhD colleges offering admission with this GATE scorecard?
  7. Can I get admission to study PhD in IISC, NIT or IIT if scored 22 marks in GATE?
  8. Will I get admission in any of the listed NIT as per my GATE scores?
  9. Can I get a chance to do post graduation at IIT if scored 23 in GATE?
  10. List of institutes which offer admission in PhD course for a candidate who has secured 89.5 percentile in GATE? Procedure to get admission?
  11. Minimum percentile required in GATE(Life Science) to study PhD in Microbiology in IIT?
  12. Cutoff percentile required in GATE to study PhD in Botany in IIT?
  13. Can I get into IITs or NITs after scoring a GATE percentile of 86.74? -- [Most Discussed]
  14. Is it possible for me to get admission in IIT for doing Ph.D if I have scored 96.6 percentile in GATE Biotechnology?
  15. Cutoff percentile required in GATE(Life Science) to study PhD(Microbiology) in IIT?
  16. Admission in any NIT with GATE percentile of 93 & EC stream and OBC Category
  17. Minimum marks and percentile required in GATE for admission to IIT and NIT for mechanical branch?
  18. Cutoff percentile required in GATE(Life Science) to study PhD in Microbiology in IIT?
11th September 2016, 09:04 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to get Ph.D admission in IIT or NIT after completion of GATE with 87.64 percentile?

You can apply for Ph.D admission at IIT and NIT with the present GATE score. They will shortlist the candidates on the basis of merit and call you for interview, if you are found suitable.

Hence, you can surely apply, but selection will depend on the performance in interview conducted by the institute. Only those who are meritorious are usually called for interview at IIT or NIT.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?