6th January 2018, 04:27 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for NET if done masters through distance mode?

Sir, I have completed B.Sc with zoology in regular mode and masters in political science from distance mode. Am I eligible for NET exam?

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible to do Ph.D after completion of MCA in distance mode?
  2. Am I eligible for NET if done masters through distance mode?
  3. Am I eligible to Ph.D in regular mode after completion of masters in correspondence?
  4. Am I eligible to do PH.D course after completion of masters through distance mode?
  5. Can I do Ph.D through distance education having passed MA in 2002?
  6. Am I eligible for NET exam after completing MSc in Distance Mode with 65%? -- [Most Discussed]
  7. Can I apply to study PhD in Finance through distance mode after completing BBA CA in regular mode and NAV Finance in distance mode?
  8. After qualifying NET does it matter that I have done masters from distance or regular mode?
  9. Can a M.Sc IT in distance mode do PhD in regular mode? Which stream should I choose?
  10. Will I be eligible for NET after PG degree in distance mode?
  11. Am I eligible for doing Ph.D course after completion of PGDM from AIMA in distance mode?
  12. Foreign unversities providing Masters in Health Safety Environment course in distance mode
  13. Am I eligible to do Ph.D or M.Phil from any university in distance mode after completion of M.Com with 48% marks?
  14. Eligibility to appear for NET after scoring 55% marks in masters?
  15. What is the eligibility criteria followed to do masters in biomechanics/kinesiology in distance mode?
  16. Eligibility of doing M.Sc in Botany through correspondence after B.Sc and B.Ed?
  17. Am I eligible to study Masters degree in regular mode after completion of Graduation in Distance Education?
  18. Am I eligible for UGC NET after completing M.Sc IT from distance mode of education? -- [New]
6th January 2018, 09:13 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for NET if done masters through distance mode?

Eligibility Criteria Required to appear in NET Entrance Examination:

In order to be eligible for appearing in National Eligibility Test Entrance Test, you are required to meet the below mentioned criteria.

<> You must have completed Post Graduation or Master's Degree in concerned stream from a recognized university.

<> The minimum percentage you must have scored in Post Graduation is 55% marks in order to be eligible.

<> You have mentioned that you have passed Master's Degree in correspondence mode. But I request you to check whether the university in which you have completed Master's Degree is recognized or not. If it's not recognized by a proper recognizing body then you may not eligible to appear in NET Examination. On the other side, you may be eligible to sit in entrance examination if the university is recognized one.

<> Maximum age must not exceed 28 years in order to be eligible for appearing in NET Examination.
6th January 2018, 09:29 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

The minimum qualification required to appear in a NET examination is Masters course.As you have completed your masters course from distance mode should definitely you are eligible to appear for this examination. As per the qualification required and eligibility criteria Masters course is necessary it doesn't matter whether the candidate have done it from a regular or distance.
6th January 2018, 10:32 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

I am very happy to tell you that definitely you are eligible for NET examination after the completion of your Masters degree through distance mode, there is no problem in it.
Candidates those who have completed their Masters degree in the relevant filed from a recognized University with a minimum of 55% of marks in it are eligible to appear in the NET examination.
7th January 2018, 11:34 AM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir, I have completed B.Sc with zoology in regular mode and masters in political science from distance mode. Am I eligible for NET exam?

Yes, you are eligible to apply for NET after completion of a master’s degree through distance mode. Candidates with a Master’s Degree with at least 55% marks (without rounding off) from a recognized university are eligible to apply for the NET. Those candidates who have appeared for the Master’s Degree final year examination are also eligible to apply for the NET. You can find the eligibility details also in the CBSE NET website link given Click Here
7th January 2018, 01:48 PM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

If the university from where you have pursued your master's degree is recognized by UGC/DEC/NCTE/AIU and you have secured not less than 55% marks in your masters degree then you are eligible for NET exam.
Those candidates who have completed master's degree with a minimum of 55% marks from a recognized university are eligible to apply for NET exam.
7th January 2018, 04:16 PM
shahi jee
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can apply for NET examination even after completing Master's Degree in Political Science from Distance Mode.

Eligibility Criteria for NET are:-

Candidates who have secured at least 55% marks in Master's Degree OR equivalent examination from universities/institutions recognized by UGC and Social Science, Computer Science & Applications, Electronic Science etc. are eligible for this Test.

Candidates belonging from OBC/SC/ST/PWD categories have secured at least 50% marks in Master's Degree or equivalent examination are eligible for this Test.

There is no upper age limit for applying for Assistant Professor.
7th January 2018, 04:54 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can apply for NET on the basis of your distance mode masters degree. Just make sure that you have studied the degree from a recognized university approved by UGC DEC.

Also, you need to have at least 55% marks in masters degree. There is relaxation of 5% marks for reserved category candidates.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?