2nd March 2018, 12:19 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to study PhD in Biotechnology being a M.Pharmacy(Biotechnology) student?

I am student of M.Pharmacy with Biotechnology as a specialization. I want to do PhD now after my post graduation. So, as I am a Pharmacy student and not engineering student, I am eligible to do PhD in Biotechnology or not?

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible to do PhD in Molecular Biology & Biotechnology being a B.Tech(Biotechnology) student?
  2. Am I eligible to study PhD in Biotechnology if secured 746 rank in GATE and 6.1 CGPA in B.Tech(Biotechnology)?
  3. Which is better to opt among B.Sc and B.Tech for study PhD in Biotechnology?
  4. B.Tech (Biotechnology ) student is eligible for Integrated PhD? Does it have same value as of PhD?
  5. What is the eligibility criteria to do PhD in Biotechnology? -- [Most Discussed]
  6. Am I eligible to study PhD in Biotechnology after completion of B.Tech?
  7. Possibility to study PhD(Biotechnology) in Harvard University for M.Sc student?
  8. Which is better to study among Pharmaceutical Biotechnology and Immunology in PhD?
  9. Is it beneficial to study PhD in Biotechnology through correspondence? -- [New]
  10. Possibility to study PhD in Abroad for M.Sc(Biotechnology) student?
  11. Is it beneficial to study PhD in Biotechnology for M.Sc in Biotechnology & Management postgraduate? Job opportunities after completing PhD in Biotechnology?
  12. How and where can I join PhD in Industrial Biotechnology? Name of institutes and their requirements?
  13. Eligibility to apply in Ph.D(Biotechnology) for M.Sc from IGNOU student? Duration of Ph.D(Biotechnology) program?
  14. Which is better to study among Pharmaceutical Biotechnology and Immunology in Ph.D?
  15. Can I get admission to study PhD(Biotechnology) with full scholarship in US without appearing in GRE?
  16. How can I get admission to study PhD in Abroad through GRE being a M.Sc(Biotechnology) student?
  17. Am I eligible to study PhD in Forensic Science being a M.Sc(Biotechnology) candidate?
  18. Whether a B.Tech 6th semester student is eligible to study Integrated PhD through GATE/CSIR-NET?
15th March 2018, 04:24 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to study PhD in Biotechnology being a M.Pharmacy(Biotechnology) student?

As far as my best knowledge is concerned, you are certainly eligible to pursue PhD in Biotechnology program being an M.Pharmacy (Biotechnology) candidate. The basic educational qualification required to pursue this Doctoral program is as follows.

>> You must have completed Master's Degree in any of the below mentioned streams from a recognized university. They are,
* Biochemical Engineering
* Biotechnology
* Chemistry
* Biochemistry
* or Any branch of Biological Sciences ..etc.,

>> As M.Pharmacy in Biotechnology course is a Master's Degree related to Biotechnology stream, I can say that you are certainly eligible to pursue PhD and besides this you are required to appear in CSIR/ UGC JRD or GATE Entrance Examination. You must have secured minimum 55% marks or more than that in Post Graduation in order to be eligible for doing doctoral program.
16th March 2018, 05:08 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to study PhD in Biotechnology being a M.Pharmacy(Biotechnology) student?

I am happy to tell you that definitely you are eligible to study Ph.D in Biotechnology after the completion of M.Pharma in Biotechnology, there is no problem in it.
Since, you have completed Masters degree in Biotechnology, you can apply for Ph.D in the same.
Candidates those who have completed their Masters degree in Biotechnology from a recognized University with a minimum of 55% of marks in it are eligible to opt for the Ph.D course in the same.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?