7th February 2014, 05:12 PM
Unregistered

Average time required to complete PhD in India?

I am currently in my final year of M.Sc. in microbiology. I wanted to know, how much time does it take on an average to complete a PhD in India? Please tell me good institutes for doing PhD in life sciences in India.
Thank you

Related Questions:
  1. How will GRE score helpful for me to do M.Tech in Biotechnology?
  2. How much time does it take to complete Ph.D in Europe?
  3. Fees and qualification required for PhD? How and in which subject to complete PhD?
  4. Universities in India which offer Part time PhD in Geography?
  5. Which courses to study for pursuing PhD? How long does it takes?
  6. What is the future in B.Pharmacy?
  7. Can I do part time PhD from UAE after completing MCA from Madras university?
  8. How and when can I apply for Ph.D programme in Loyola? What is the fee structure for the full time course? Is there any entrance exam available to get into Ph.D?
  9. How to do Ph.D after M.Pharmaceutics? Difference between parttime and fulltime PhD? -- [Most Discussed]
  10. Detail question about MS in Germany
  11. Is it safe to do PhD from PU? Is practical fundas required to do PhD in Finance?
  12. What minimum percentage is required in B.Tech from India to get highest scholarship (30%) for MS course in Germany? How much money would I need to complete MS(including stay & food)? What is the best university in Germany for MS?
  13. How can I get phd in mathemics notification details?
  14. How much marks is required for taking admission for Ph.D in History? What's the fee structure and age limitation for the same?
  15. Where can a forensic photographer get a job? Qualification required? What is the average salary per month in India?
  16. PhD admission and scholarship in UK or europe
  17. How to get admission in PhD at UK or Europe? Details of Visa and staying there?
  18. Will it be a good decision for an average student to go abroad for MBA ?
14th February 2014, 11:41 PM
ExpertAnswers
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Average time required to complete PhD in India?

Ph.D - Doctor of Philosophy

Basically the duration of the Ph.D degree hugely depends on the Subject and the Area of Research you allot for.Generally the duration of a Ph.D degree is often “3 to 5” years research work of full time required.So to do a Ph.D degree basically a Masters Degree is needed.For this the minimum percentage you must have obtained with your masters degree with 50% .

While getting admission you need to produce the certificate in Original.
To get in to the Admission of Ph.D you must need to attend an Entrance test conducted by the respective study centers.Basically these centers are under the supervision of the Research.If the candidates are of the teachers working in the colleges,then the same candidates need to write entrance examination.They are such as UGC/CSIR/ICMR/ICAR/JRF/SRF score the candidate can directly be admitted for the Ph.D degree directly.

Basically the entrance examination consists of the Objective type questions with a maximum of 100 marks.Out of which,you will be given 50M of General knowledge related questions,25 marks for the logical reasoning,25 Marks will be of English language.Ph.D candidates need to sustain the challenges come from the Agricultural,Industrial as well as Social departments.So for that While admission process,the higher authorities take a good care of selecting eligible candidates as well as intellectual candidates.The candidate must be able to carry the Research related activities.

So the candidates who are willing to join Ph.D must be very good at concerned subjects and must have a very high standards.The candidate must be able to take research and development activities to a higher and helathier levels as part of their responsibility.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?