11th October 2017, 12:26 PM
Unregistered

Can a 28 years old girl candidate appear in NET JRF exam? Is there any relaxation in age for girls?

I am a girl candidate and have completed 28 years of age. I am a general candidate. Am I eligible to appear in JRF NET exam? Is there any relaxation in age for girls?

14th October 2017, 05:30 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can a 28 years old girl candidate appear in NET JRF exam? Is there any relaxation in age for girls?

Yes, definitely being a 28 years old girl, you can appear in the NET JRF examination.
Candidates those who have completed their Masters degree in the relevant field from a recognized University with a minimum of 55% of marks in it are eligible to appear for the NET JRF examination.
The upper age limit for NET JRF examination is 28 years.
Since you are a female candidate, you have a relaxation of 5 years as well.
So, for female candidates, the upper age limit for NET JRF examination is 33 years.
14th October 2017, 05:48 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can a 28 years old girl candidate appear in NET JRF exam? Is there any relaxation in age for girls?

I am very happy to say that you are certainly eligible to appear in NET JRF Examination with this age criteria being a girl candidate.

>> In general, the maximum age must not exceed 28 years of age to appear in UGC NET Examination.

>> As you are a women candidate, you will be given age relaxation of 5 years as per the rules

>> Age relaxation is applicable for,
* OBC candidates
* SC/ ST/ PWD
* Women candidates

>> Since you being a women candidate, you are certainly eligible to sit in this entrance examination.
14th October 2017, 10:51 PM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

Yes, a 28 years old girl candidate can appear in NET JRF examination.
The upper age limit for general category (male) candidate is 28 years, however there is 5 years of age relaxation is applicable for OBC (Non Creamy Layer)/SC/ST/PWD/ categories and Woman candidates.
So, those candidates who have completed masters degree with at least 55% marks from a recognized university are eligible to PhD in the relevant discipline.
2nd November 2017, 10:29 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am a girl candidate and have completed 28 years of age. I am a general candidate. Am I eligible to appear in JRF NET exam? Is there any relaxation in age for girls?
Age criteria for UGC net exam is given below.

For JRF post:- Maximum age should be 28 years.

For LS post:- There are no age criteria.

Being a female candidates, you will get 5 years age relaxation.

Yes, you are eligible for UGC NET JRF post.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?