6th October 2017, 11:12 PM
Unregistered

Can a Masters in Management do PhD through UGC NET exam? Procedure to prepare for the exam?

Sir, I am studying Masters in Management course and willing to appear in UGC NET exam. Can I do PhD after clearing the UGC NET exam? Procedure to prepare for the exam?

8th October 2017, 07:29 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can a Masters in Management do PhD through UGC NET exam? Procedure to prepare for the exam?

Yes, UGC NET score is enough to make you eligible for Ph.D interview stage. Just apply for admission after you have qualified the said exam in the given subject.

Those who have NET/SET/GATE/JRF score are preferred by reputed universities and institutes across India. Hence, qualifying it will definitely help you.
8th October 2017, 08:21 PM
yogeshsharma3047
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Can a Masters in Management do PhD through UGC NET exam? Procedure to prepare for the exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir, I am studying Masters in Management course and willing to appear in UGC NET exam. Can I do PhD after clearing the UGC NET exam? Procedure to prepare for the exam?

Yes, you are eligible to apply for Ph.D through UGC NET (National Eligibility Test) after completing your master’s in management. Here below are details regarding UGC NET exam:-

>> Minimum qualification required to apply for UGC NET exam is post graduate degree from government recognized institute.

>> For UGC NET exam applicant must have scored at least 55% marks in post graduate degree, Relaxation of 5% for reserve category candidates according to government rules.

>> For UGC NET exam candidate appearing in final year of post graduate degree are also allowed to apply.

>> Age limit to apply for NET exam is 28 years, Relaxation of 5 years for reserve category candidates according to government rules.

Qualifying Procedure for UGC NET exam:-
UGC NET exam consists of three papers and all papers are of multiple choice objective type questions.

Paper I:- Consists of 50 questions and carries 100 marks and duration of exam is 45 minutes.

Paper II:- Consists of 50 questions and carries 100 marks and duration of exam is 45 minutes.

Paper III:- Consists of 75 question and carries 150 marks and duration of exam is 2 hours and 30 minutes.

>> To qualify the NET exam general category candidate must have to score 40% aggregate marks in all three exams, Candidate belongs to OBC/ SC/ST category candidates have 5% relaxation in qualifying marks, so reserve category candidate must have to score 35% marks in all three exams.

>> For more details please visit www.cbsenet.nic.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?