12th July 2016, 09:38 AM
Unregistered

Do we need to give GRE or TOEFL exam for doing Ph.D in US or Canada?

I'm a master student I am mechatronics, I would like to pursue a phd either from USor Canada .Should I need GRE and TOEFEL ..? Can you please provide me the details on this? It will be helpful if you can answer me with the right information on the same.

12th July 2016, 01:06 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Do we need to give GRE or TOEFL exam for doing Ph.D in US or Canada?

Yes, you need to appear in GRE and TOEFL/ IELTS examination to do Ph.D in US. GRE score is the basic requirement that you need to have to apply for admission to Ph.D course in US universities. To get admission in any course in any Abroad University, you must have to appear in TOEFL/ IELTS examination. No GRE score is required to do Ph.D course in Canada Universities.
12th July 2016, 11:21 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Do we need to give GRE or TOEFL exam for doing Ph.D in US or Canada?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I'm a master student I am mechatronics, I would like to pursue a phd either from USor Canada .Should I need GRE and TOEFEL ..? Can you please provide me the details on this? It will be helpful if you can answer me with the right information on the same.
You have completed masters degree in Mechatronics, So you are eligible for Ph.D course but you should qualify in GRE and TOEFL exam.

GRE stands for Graduate Record Examination.

There are no specific eligibility criteria for GRE Test. This examination is open for all candidates who are willing to pursue higher degree in abroad.

TOEFL stands for Test Of English as a Foreign Language.

There is no any eligibility criteria.

TOEFL exam is used to test the ability of a candidate in Reading, writing, Listening and Speaking sections of English language.
13th July 2016, 06:37 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Yes, definitely you have to give and qualify the entrance exams such a GRE and TOEFL in order to pursue Ph.D in USA and Canada.
Candidates those who have completed their Masters degree form a recognised University with a minimum of 55% of marks in it are definitely eligible to opt for Ph.D course.
After completing Masters degree you need to qualify in GRE and TOEFL to pursue Ph.D in abroad.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?