16th February 2016, 10:19 AM
Unregistered

Is it mandatory to clear TOEFL exam to do higher study in Canada?

I'm having GRE score 290 will I able to apply for Ms at Canada, I like to do my masters in zoology, I have completed degree here at India, do I need to clear TOEFL examination to go to Canada? Can someone please guide me with the answer on the same?

16th February 2016, 07:31 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it mandatory to clear TOEFL exam to do higher study in Canada?

Yes, it is mandatory to appear in TOEFL/IELTS examination to do higher studies in Canada. TOEFL/IELTS examinations are standardised tests which helps you to prove your English Language Proficiency skills in Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking sections. To get admission in any course in any Abroad University, it is mandatory to have a good TOEFL/IELTS examinations score. Since, you have already given GRE examination, you need to appear in TOEFL examination for pursuing your higher studies in Canadian Universities.
17th February 2016, 01:22 AM
ArunavaBasu
Senior Member++++

Yes you need to clear the TOEFL Examination to get admission for the course of MS in Canada.
Your GRE Score is good enough to be eligible for the course of MS in Canada.
So you need to apply for the Universities in which you are eligible and once you have done so you will have to clear a Personal Interview to get admission to the course of MS in Canada.
17th February 2016, 11:41 PM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I'm having GRE score 290 will I able to apply for Ms at Canada, I like to do my masters in zoology, I have completed degree here at India, do I need to clear TOEFL examination to go to Canada? Can someone please guide me with the answer on the same?
Yes, it is mandatory to clear the TOEFL examination to study in Canada. The aspirant has to clear either TOEFL or IELTS test to do higher study in Canada. The test is to evaluate your English proficiency. So it is mandatory to clear the TOEFL examination. The website link is
given http://www.ets.org/toefl
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?