2nd November 2015, 11:26 PM
Unregistered

Do I need to write GRE and TOEFL exam for doing Ph.D in USA or Canada?

I'm a master student im mechatronics, I would like to pursue a phd either from USor Canada .Should I need GRE and TOEFEL ..? Is there any possibility available where in I don't need to write these exams? Can someone please give me the information to proceed on this?

Thanks!

Related Questions:
  1. To do Ph.D in USA do I need to do GRE and TOEFL? What are the scholarships given?
  2. Percentage required in GRE and TOEFL to study MS in Economics in USA for B.Com student? Necessity of GRE and TOEFL?
  3. Which test I should clear for pursuing PhD from USA, Germany and England like countries? Cost of GRE and TOEFL?
  4. What can I do to take summer scholarship at Mechanical Production Department at European Country or at America?
  5. What is mean by GRE and TOEFL? Number of attempts and selection process for M.S. in USA? How can I get scholarship through GRE and TOEFL?
  6. Whether to take GRE or TOEFL for pursuing PhD in US?
  7. How to apply for MS? -- [Most Discussed]
  8. Is it necessary to write GRE and TOEFL for MS in USA?
  9. How to do Phd from USA? Is there any need of GRE???
  10. In which course am I eligible to take admission in abroad after doing 2 years B.Tech in Electrical Technology?
  11. To pursue Ph.D program in USA is TOEFL and GRE score required? Which are the online coaching institutes for this course?
  12. Do I have to appear in GRE or IELTS is sufficient to study MS in USA, Canada and Germany? Scope of M.S. through GRE, TOEFL and IELTS?
  13. How can a BSC (CS) Final Year Student Prepare and apply for MS degree?Will it be Valuable ?
  14. To do Ph.D in USA do I need to do GRE and TOEFL? What are the scholarships given?
  15. Is it necessary to appear in both GRE and TOEFL to study MS in US? List of universities which offer admission through TOEFL and GRE?
  16. Can I do Ph.D in Micro Economics in USA without TOEFL and GRE
  17. Both TOEFL and GRE are necessary for pursuing masters degree in USA? Details of fees?
  18. Information about USA student Visa? Is GRE required for Ph.D or is TOEFL valid in USA
3rd November 2015, 01:16 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Do I need to write GRE and TOEFL exam for doing Ph.D in USA or Canada?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I'm a master student im mechatronics, I would like to pursue a phd either from USor Canada .Should I need GRE and TOEFEL ..? Is there any possibility available where in I don't need to write these exams? Can someone please give me the information to proceed on this?

Thanks!
If you want to do Ph.D degree in USA or Canada then you must qualify in GRE and TOEFL exam.

GRE stands for Graduate Record Examination.

There are no specific eligibility criteria for GRE Test. This examination is open for all candidates who are willing to pursue higher degree in abroad.

Types of Graduate Record Examination test

1) Revised General Test
2) GRE Subject Tests

TOEFL stands for Test Of English as a Foreign Language.

There is no any eligibility criteria.

TOEFL exam is used to test the ability of a candidate in Reading, writing, Listening and Speaking sections of English language.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?