12th November 2017, 10:34 AM
Unregistered

Eligibility to get admission in PhD Economics at Calcutta University?

Sir, I am studying MA Economics and after it wanted to do PhD. Please tell me eligibility to get admission in Calcutta University without NET SRF exam?

Related Questions:
  1. Does Calcutta University offer PhD in Economics course? Procedure to fillup the application form? -- [New]
  2. Should I have to study M.Phil after M.Sc if want to pursue PhD in Economics?
  3. How can I get admission in University of Calcutta to do PhD after MA Economics? Which topic should I choose?
  4. Can I study PhD in Economics in Calcutta University having secured 54.66% in M.A. from IGNOU?
  5. Can I get admission to study B.Sc(Economics) in Calcutta University if secured 79.25% in 12th?
  6. Can I get admission to study Economics Honours in Calcutta University if secured 90.4% in 12th and scored 94 marks in Economics? List of colleges offering Economics Honours without Maths?
  7. Eligibility to get PhD(Economics) admission in University of Guelph? Fee expenses of PhD(Economics)?
  8. Eligibility to get admission in PhD(Human Development) course in Calcutta University? Important dates of admission?
  9. Admission procedure and eligibility to study PhD in Economics in University of Oxford for M.Sc candidate?
  10. When the admission form of Ph.D program will be issued by Calcutta University? Eligibility to fillup this form?
  11. Eligibility to study PhD in Galgotias University for MPhil(Mathematics) candidate?
  12. Detailed information and procedure to apply for Ph.D program in Calcutta University for MBA(HR) student? Can I get scholarship?
  13. How to get admission in PhD Economics at South Asian University, Delhi? Eligibility criteria for it?
  14. In which entrance exam I have to appear for studying PhD in Calcutta University?
  15. In which entrance exam I have to appear to study PhD in Calcutta University?
  16. Eligibility to study PhD(Economics) in Mewar University?
  17. Does Calcutta University offer PhD in Mathematics course? Eligibility to apply for M.Sc candidate?
  18. Can I get admission to study PhD in Economics at Delhi School of Economics if completed M.Sc in Statistics with Economics?
13th November 2017, 10:35 PM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to get admission in PhD Economics at Calcutta University?

In order to study PhD Economics at Calcutta University, you should have completed your master's degree with minimum 55% marks from a recognized university. But, if a candidate has not cleared NET/SET/M.Phil examinations, then he/she has to qualify the RET examination conducted by the authorities of CU.

For further details, you can contact the economics department at the given address:

56, BT Rd, Rabindra Bharati University, Sinthi, Kolkata, West Bengal 700050, ph - 033 2528 4066
14th November 2017, 01:00 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to get admission in PhD Economics at Calcutta University?

I am sorry to say that without qualifying in the NET examination, you are not eligible to opt for the Ph.D course in Economics from Calcutta University.
Candidates those who have completed their MA in Economics from a recognized University with a minimum of 55% of marks in it are eligible to opt for the Ph.D course in the same.
Candidates must have to appear and qualify in the NET examination. Admission is based on the marks scored in the NET examination.
14th November 2017, 04:34 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir, I am studying MA Economics and after it wanted to do PhD. Please tell me eligibility to get admission in Calcutta University without NET SRF exam?

Candidates with a Master’s Degree in Economics with at least 55% marks in aggregate from a recognized university are eligible to apply for the PhD Economics at Calcutta University. Calcutta University admits students through a PhD Entrance Examination followed by an Interview. Students who have cleared UGC/CSIR Examinations / NET / SET / SLET / GATE / MPhil shall not be required to appear for the PhD Entrance Examination conducted by the Calcutta University. Candidates can download the PhD application form from the website link given Click Here
14th November 2017, 06:25 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

For Ph.D in economics, you need to have masters degree in the same subject with at least 55% marks. You can apply for admission, when notification is announced by Calcutta university on the basis of minimum required qualification.

Candidates with excellent academic qualifications have greater chance of call for the interview. If you don't have NET JRF, then also you have chance but it will be less.
14th November 2017, 08:29 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility Criteria Required to get admission in PhD in Economics at Calcutta University:

The minimum eligibility criteria required is as follows,

>> You must have any one of the following in order to be eligible and they are NET/ SET/ M.Phil

>> Or else you must have to appear in Research Entrance Test (RET) from the concerned department in order to be eligible.

>> Candidates who are willing to expect to obtain M.Phil in Economics course from any recognized university are exempted from appearing in RET Entrance Examination. Such candidates are eligible to appear directly in the Interview.

>> I am providing a specimen notification link below for more details such as Eligibility Criteria, Procedure, Structure of the Examination..etc.,

Click here for More Details
23rd November 2017, 09:35 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
No, you are not eligible for Ph.D course in Calcutta University.

Those candidates who have completed Masters degree in Economics with above 55% marks from a recognized University are eligible for Ph.D course in Economics.

There are no age criteria.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?