18th November 2017, 12:36 PM
Unregistered

Eligibility to get admission in PhD without Research Eligibility Test in UGC recognized university as an inspire fellow being a SC Women?

I have completed M.Sc Chemistry this year with 8.28 CGPA and my date of birth is 15-06-77. Being a schedule caste (woman) am I eligible for PhD admission without Research Eligibility Test from UGC recognized university this year as an inspire fellow?

Related Questions:
  1. How being a Junior Research Fellow could help for admission in PhD?
  2. How to do Ph.D in chemistry after completing MSc with Chemistry -- [Most Discussed]
  3. Admission procedure to study PhD in Life Science for DST Inspire Fellowship holder?
  4. Guidance to join Ph.D in Nanotechnology after completion of PG in Chemistry? List of Institutes offering this course? Which Entrance Exam I should give for this?
  5. Ph.D from Bangalore after UGC NET qualified with gold medalist in M.Sc Botany from HP University Shimla?
  6. Possibility to do Ph.D in Accounts after B.Com general? How to do the Ph.D in the same?
  7. What is the possibility of getting a government job after completion of M.Tech and age is 30 years?
  8. Minimum educational qualification required for direct admission in PhD?
  9. Am I eligible to do Ph.D course after completion of BA degree?
  10. Eligibility to get Inspire Fellowship to study Ph.D?
  11. How can I prepare for NET exam after completing PG in Sanskrit
  12. Can a MSc microbiology person do Ph.D in analytical chemistry with the help of experience in the given field?
  13. Qualification required for NAT 2016 exam
  14. Is it better to do M.Tech and then Ph.D after M.Sc Information Technology? Will I have to sit in GATE or NET for it?
  15. Detailed information about ICSSR Fellowship? -- [New]
  16. Can I become a lecturer in history college after MA in history?
  17. Does Anna University offer PhD in Information Technology? Course description of this PhD?
  18. Eligibility to get admission in PhD(Geography) course in Panjab University for UGC-NET qualified candidate who has secured 59.1% In M.Sc?
20th November 2017, 05:16 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to get admission in PhD without Research Eligibility Test in UGC recognized university as an inspire fellow being a SC Women?

You can get admission without NET score, but chances will be lesser at reputed universities because there is a high competition for admission. Only candidates with exceptional academics get admission at reputed universities.

Hence, make sure that you have good enough academic career, if you are looking for admission at reputed places. Otherwise, you will end up getting admission at low grade university.
20th November 2017, 10:49 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to get admission in PhD without Research Eligibility Test in UGC recognized university as an inspire fellow being a SC Women?

I am very much sorry to say that you cannot apply for the Ph.D course without qualifying in the Entrance examination.
Admission is based on the performance in the entrance examination. None of the Universities will entertain you without NET scorecard or any other Entrance examination scorecard for Ph.D admission.
Since, you have completed M.Sc in Chemistry with 8.28 CGPA, according to my opinion, you must appear in the entrance examination, qualifying in which you can apply for the Ph.D course in different Universities.
20th November 2017, 11:13 PM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

There is no upper age limit applicable to apply for PhD course. Candidates who have completed masters degree in any discipline with a minimum of 55% marks from any recognized university are eligible to apply for PhD course in the relevant discipline. But, in order to take admission into PhD course in any discipline, you must have to appear and qualify in UGC NET/CSIR/JRF/RET entrance exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?