16th October 2017, 11:34 PM
Unregistered

Eligibility to get admission in top Agricultural universities for PhD? Will I have to pass CSIR?

Sir, I am doing M.Sc Genetics & Plant Breeding and after completion of it want to do PhD from top Agricultural universities. Please tell me eligibility criteria to get admission in top universities? Will I have to pass CSIR?

Related Questions:
  1. List of the universities offering admission in Ph.D(Life Science) without CSIR?
  2. Is CSIR exam necessary for PhD in Agricultural Science? Where to apply for it?
  3. List of entrance exams available for PhD in Computer Science? Will I have to pass NET JRF and CSIR exams? -- [Most Discussed]
  4. Top universities of USA to do PhD in Biodiversity, Conservation and Management? Eligibility and procedure to get admission?
  5. Agricultural colleges/Universities with eligibility criteria offering Ph.D programme for M.Sc(Microbiology) student? Is there any entrance exam for admission?
  6. Procedure to get admission in top Agriculture universities for PhD? Best topics for PhD?
  7. Can I write CSIR to get JRF while studying Phd?
  8. Can I write CSIR to get JRF while studying Phd?
  9. Can I write CSIR to get JRF while studying PhD?
  10. Duration of PhD in Microbiology at CCMB or other universities? Can CSIR be clared in 6 months?
  11. Entrance exam for pursuing PhD from IITs?
  12. Which universities in India provide scholarship for doing Ph.D in zoology except from CSIR?
  13. What is the last date to get the Ph.D entrance exam form?
  14. Eligibility to get PhD (Drawing & Painting) admission in Indian universities for an Iranian?
  15. What should we do to join Biotechnology? Fee structure and the colleges?
  16. How to get admission in top universities for PhD? List of topics for PhD in Medical Microbiology?
  17. CSIR or UGC NET, which exam to appear for PhD admission for MSc(Biotechnology) student?
  18. Eligibility to get PhD(Human Development) admission in Punjab Agricultural University? -- [New]
17th October 2017, 06:51 PM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Eligibility to get admission in top Agricultural universities for PhD? Will I have to pass CSIR?

In order to get admission for PhD in Agriculture universities, you must have to completed your masters degree in the relevant discipline with a minimum of 55% mark from a recognized university.
Agricultural universities offering the PhD course admit candidates based on their performance in a relevant entrance test.
Yes you have to appear and qualify in UGC-CSIR entrance exam to be eligible for admission into PhD course.
Those candidates who have completed masters degree with a minimum of 55% marks from any recognized university are eligible to appear in UGC-CSIR exam.
18th October 2017, 12:45 AM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to get admission in top Agricultural universities for PhD? Will I have to pass CSIR?

It is very glad to know that you want to pursue Ph.D course after the completion of Masters degree course.
Yes, definitely you have to qualify in the CSIR NET examination after the completion of Masters degree course in order to be eligible for pursuing Ph.D course.
Candidates those who have completed their Masters degree in the relevant field from a recognized University with a minimum of 55% of marks in it are eligible to appear in the NET examination.
After qualifying in the examination, candidates can take admission to study Ph.D course in the relevant field.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?