26th June 2014, 01:33 AM
Unregistered

In which entrance exam should I appear to get admission in Ph.D(Computer Science)? When the exam will be scheduled? Detailed procedure to get admission?

Hello
I want to pursue Phd in computerscience.
I want to know the details process of the admission in it.
What entrance exam is to be taken and when it will be.
Waiting for your reply

Related Questions:
  1. Can I join any Space Research centre after 11th?
  2. Procedure to get admission for ME in Gujarat? Which Entrance Exams to appear for this? -- [Most Discussed]
  3. Various B.Com colleges for admission and their detailed procedure? Can I get admission with 58% in 12th?
  4. How to do B.Com after doing 12th arts?
  5. How can I get admission in B.E? What type of entrance exam do I need to give? In which month is the exam conducted?
  6. Procedure to get admission in FC? What is the cutoff and fee structure? Is forensic science course available in FC?
  7. Can I do M.A in Political Science? What is the fee structure of M.A? Procedure for admission in MA?
  8. Can I apply for JEE if passed higher secondary examination in vocational +2 scheme?
  9. Procedure to get admission for BE in Civil Engineering after completion of 12th Science from RBSE with 81%? When can I get admission for this course?
  10. Procedure for admission in Aeronautical Engineering after passing 12th science?
  11. How to take admission in PU Ch.D? What is the procedure to take admission?
  12. Can I appear for Polytechnic entrance exam after passing high school? What is the procedure for direct admission in Polytechnic College
  13. How may I get admission in Pune university for M.Sc course with science stream? What's the procedure and eligibility criteria for the same?
  14. Is it possible to do MBA after PG Diploma?
  15. Which exams do I need to appear to do B.Ed Maths?
  16. If I complete my BBA in October then am I allowed to take admission in December? Do I have to give entrance exam for admission? Procedure for admission and details about it?
  17. What is the procedure to get admission in JNU for MSc in Environmental Science
  18. What is the admission criteria for M.Ed distance course? What is the procedure of B.Ed exam? How much is the fee?
21st March 2023, 04:43 PM
UmangSharmaMumbai

Default Re: In which entrance exam should I appear to get admission in Ph.D(Computer Science)? When the exam will be scheduled? Detailed procedure to get admission?

To get admission to a Ph.D. program in Computer Science, you need to appear for an entrance exam conducted by various universities or institutes in India. Some of the popular entrance exams for Ph.D. in Computer Science are:

1. UGC NET: University Grants Commission National Eligibility Test is conducted twice a year in June and December. Candidates who have qualified for JRF or NET are eligible for Ph.D. admission in various universities across India.

2. CSIR NET: Council of Scientific and Industrial Research National Eligibility Test is also conducted twice a year in June and December. Candidates who have qualified for JRF or NET are eligible for Ph.D. admission in various universities across India.

3. GATE: Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering is conducted once a year in February. Candidates who have secured a valid GATE score are eligible for Ph.D. admission in various universities across India.

4. JEST: Joint Entrance Screening Test is conducted once a year in February. Candidates who have qualified for JEST are eligible for admission to Ph.D. programs in various universities and institutes across India.

The admission procedure varies from university to university. However, the general process involves the following steps:

1. Check the eligibility criteria: Before applying for the entrance exam, you need to check the eligibility criteria for the Ph.D. program in Computer Science. The eligibility criteria vary from university to university.

2. Apply for the entrance exam: Once you fulfill the eligibility criteria, you need to apply for the entrance exam. The application process is online, and you need to pay the application fee.

3. Prepare for the entrance exam: To crack the entrance exam, you need to prepare well. You can refer to various study materials and previous year question papers.

4. Appear for the entrance exam: On the scheduled date, you need to appear for the entrance exam at the designated exam center.

5. Result declaration: After the entrance exam, the result will be declared. If you qualify for the entrance exam, you will be called for an interview or counseling session.

6. Interview/Counseling: If you are shortlisted, you need to appear for an interview or counseling session. The final selection is based on your performance in the interview or counseling session.

7. Admission: Once you are selected, you need to complete the admission formalities and pay the admission fee to secure your seat.

In conclusion, to get admission to a Ph.D. program in Computer Science, you need to appear for an entrance exam conducted by various universities or institutes in India. The admission procedure involves checking the eligibility criteria, applying for the entrance exam, preparing for the entrance exam, appearing for the entrance exam, result declaration, interview/counseling, and admission.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?