24th June 2016, 11:39 AM
Unregistered

Which entrance exam we need to give to get the admission for Ph.D Maths after completion of 12th standard?

Which entrance exam we need to give to get the admission for Ph.D Maths after completion of 12th standard? Who can provide me the right information on the same? It will be helpful if you can calrify me the details on this. Thank you!

24th June 2016, 06:49 PM
ShreeRocks
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which entrance exam we need to give to get the admission for Ph.D Maths after completion of 12th standard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Which entrance exam we need to give to get the admission for Ph.D Maths after completion of 12th standard? Who can provide me the right information on the same? It will be helpful if you can calrify me the details on this. Thank you!
Sorry, it is not possible to do PhD in Mathematics after completion of 12th standard. The aspirant has to study B.Sc and M.Sc in Mathematics to do PhD in Mathematics. The eligibility to do PhD in Mathematics is a Master’s Degree in the Mathematics with a minimum of 55% marks from a recognized university. You have to appear for the PhD Entrance Test and interview for the admission to the PhD course. So you have to complete your master degree in mathematics and then appear for PhD entrance like NET or the entrance test conducted by the university. The PhD in Mathematics is available in various universities in India.
24th June 2016, 07:32 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which entrance exam we need to give to get the admission for Ph.D Maths after completion of 12th standard?

You can try to take admission in any degree course based on your interest and then do masters degree. There is NET/SET/GATE available for Ph.D admission in reputed universities.
After 12th you can also get admission in integrated programme through KVPY and NEST.
25th June 2016, 12:55 AM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Sorry that you are not eligible for PhD entrance exam after competing 12th standard. One need to complete Master Degree in concerned specialization from a recognized university to be eligible for PhD in Mathematics course. Those who satisfy the educational can appear in either the entrance exam conducted by the respective university or NET/SLET entrance exam.
25th June 2016, 02:31 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

You cannot get admission in PhD maths just after completion of your 12th boards, you need to have a masters degree in order to apply for the the above mentioned program.

However, below I have attached a file regarding the details of PhD(mathematics) program, kindly download the attachment and get the required information.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf PhDMathematics-Guidelines.pdf(74.1 KB, 5 views)
25th June 2016, 09:26 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
After completion of 12th standard, you can't apply for Ph.D course in Mathematics.

The minimum educational qualification required for Ph.D course in Mathematics in masters degree with above 55%.

There are no age criteria.

You must have valid CSIR NET score card.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?