24th September 2016, 08:54 PM
Unregistered

Which entrance exam to give for admission in genetic engineering after 12th?

My son is studying in 12th science, with PCMB. He wants do genetic engineering. My questions are :
1) Whether maths is necessary for genetic engineering?
2) Whether it is required to give JEE/NEET exam?
3) Is there any other diploma course of Genetic Engineers after 12th?

Related Questions:
  1. How is it possible to study Genetic Engineering in Ahmedabad? -- [New]
  2. Percentage needed in 12th board exam to get admission in Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology course? Entrance exam which I need to answer?
  3. Which entrance exam is conducted for admission in Genetic Engineering? How can I apply for the exam?
  4. Whether I need to write an entrance exam for admission in Genetic Engineering or will I get admission on the marks scored in class 12th?
  5. Percentage required in 12th to get admission in Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology courses? Main subjects in both the courses? Entrance exams required to be answered for Genetic Engineering? -- [Most Discussed]
  6. Can I join genetic engineering after taking BIPC in 12th?
  7. Various entrance tests for admission in Genetic Engineering?
  8. Is it necessary to appear in NEET and MHT-CET to study Genetic Engineering?
  9. How much should I score in class 12th Board exam to pursue Genetic Engineering? Which entrance should I appear for admission?
  10. Subjects which I should opt in 11th and 12th to take up Genetic Engineering? Which entrance exams to give?
  11. What is the eligibility for genetic engineering?
  12. How to take admission in genetic engineering? Can I get admission after passing 12th with Biology
  13. Percentage needed to apply for MSc Genetic Engineering? What is the procedure?
  14. Percentage of marks required in boards to get admission for Genetic Engineering Biotechnology? What are the main subjects in Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology? Which is the entrance exam?
  15. Which entrance exam is compulsory for admission in genetic engineering after 12th exam?
  16. How to take admission in genetic biotechnology after passing 12th with 72%?
  17. How to take admission for genetic biotechnology after passing 12th with 72%?
  18. Is it necessary to have Mathematics in 12th for doing Genetic Engineering?
24th September 2016, 10:51 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which entrance exam to give for admission in genetic engineering after 12th?

The detailed explanation for your query is given below.

1) Yes, Mathematics is required to be eligible for doing this course. Candidates who have completed their 12th Class with PCM subjects from a recognized university.

2) Yes, you are required to appear in Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) in order to get admission in Genetic Engineering. I suggest you to appear in JEE examination first and score good marks in order to get admission in Indian Institute of Technologies (IIT's).

3) As far as my best knowledge is concerned, there is no such diploma in Genetic Engineering course. So I suggest you to pursue direct B.E/ B.Tech in Genetic Engineering course after completion of 12th Class through Common Entrance Exam score.
25th September 2016, 01:37 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which entrance exam to give for admission in genetic engineering after 12th?

In order to get admission in genetic engineering, you should appear for JEE(main) examination, once you clear the examination with good score, you will be very much eligible to get admission in the above mentioned course. You can also appear for NEET examination.

Yes, you should have studied mathematics at your +2 level of standard. Yes, you can also get admission in Diploma in Genetic Engineering course as there is a provision for it after completion of your 12th standard.
25th September 2016, 10:58 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
My son is studying in 12th science, with PCMB. He wants do genetic engineering. My questions are :
1) Whether maths is necessary for genetic engineering?
2) Whether it is required to give JEE/NEET exam?
3) Is there any other diploma course of Genetic Engineers after 12th?
Yes, Mathematics is compulsory for Genetic Engineering course.

To get admission in Genetic Engineering course, you should qualify in JEE Main exam.

Diploma is genetic engineering course is not available in India.
25th September 2016, 11:54 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Yes definitely, candidates must have studied Mathematics in class 12th in order to pursue any of the Engineering Branch. To do Genetic Engineering also, candidates must have studied Mathematics in class 12th.
Yes definitely your ward has to appear in the Entrance examination conducted by the State Council or Conducted by the National Council to take admission for the above mentioned course.
Yes, after class 12th, candidates can also apply for the Diploma in Genetic Engineering on the basis of class 10th qualification.
17th February 2017, 09:21 PM
Unregistered

Is neet and jee conduct at same day or different day? Because I wish to write both exams
12th April 2017, 08:41 PM
Unregistered

I want to genetic engineering but didn't give JEE but i am giving neet exam. Will I be able to get admission for this field after 12th
8th May 2017, 08:04 PM
Unregistered

I want to to do genetic engineering after 12th science have PCMB group I applied for NEET but not for her what can I do?
25th May 2017, 03:20 PM
Unregistered

I want to genetic engineering but didn't give JEE but i am giving neet exam. Will I be able to get admission for this field after 12th .
7th July 2018, 10:29 PM
Unregistered

I am not interested in JEE but interested in NEET is it possible to become genetic engineer
7th October 2018, 05:33 PM
Unregistered

Which are good college in Maharashtra for genetic engineering and where
22nd January 2022, 06:16 PM
Unregistered

I am studying in 12th with PCMB and preparing for neet. Want to be genetic engineer.
Can I do the genetic engineering through neet ?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?