20th April 2017, 05:52 PM
Unregistered

Procedure to get admission for PhD course in Delhi University after completion of M.Sc in Maths with 60 percentage marks?

I have done M.Sc in maths with 60%. How I will get admission in PhD course in DU? Can you please explain me the procedure which I need to follow? It will be really helpful if you can guide me with the complete information soon. Thank you!

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible to do Ph.D in English after completion of MA with 48 percentage marks and doing B.Ed?
  2. Universities offering PhD in Maths through regular or distance mode? Procedure involved in doing PhD?
  3. What is the eligibility criteria followed for doing Ph.D course? Am I eligible after completion of M.Sc course with 57% marks?
  4. Admission procedure to study PhD in Home Science for M.A. postgraduate of Delhi University? How much stipend is offered to PhD candidate of Delhi University?
  5. Can I appear for Ph.D(mathematics) after doing B.Ed from MSc Maths
  6. How can I get admission to do Ph.D after completion of Masters in Maths?
  7. Procedure to take admission in Delhi University to do PhD after M.Com in Economics? Marks required in M.Com and entrance exam?
  8. Procedure to get admission in Delhi University to study M.Sc(Electronics) course?
  9. Admission procedure for Ph.D in Maths through correspondence from a good University?
  10. Ph.D in maths from DU after M.Sc in maths? -- [Most Discussed]
  11. What is the procedure to be followed for getting admission in Ph.D Maths?
  12. Procedure and cost for pursuing PhD from abroad?
  13. What is the procedure followed to get admission for doing Ph.D in Maths?
  14. Procedure of admission in government college to do PhD in Microbiology?
  15. What is the procedure followed for doing Ph.D in Chemistry after completion of M.Sc Chemistry with 79% marks?
  16. What is the procedure followed to get admission in Delhi University to do Ph.D if I am a Pakistani?
  17. How to take admission in Ph.D after doing MCA from IGNOU
  18. Is it valid to take admission for Ph.D in Hotel Management before completion of Ph.D in Maths from Christ University?
23rd April 2017, 01:00 PM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Procedure to get admission for PhD course in Delhi University after completion of M.Sc in Maths with 60 percentage marks?

Delhi University offers different PhD programmes and PhD in Mathematics is one of them. In order to get admission in Delhi University for PhD Mathematics, you should have completed you master's degree in Mathematics with minimum 55% - 60% marks from a recognized university. Candidates who have completed their M.Phil in Mathematics are also eligible.

Now you have to appear for an entrance examination conducted by the university. The selection will depend upon the marks secured in the examination followed by personal interview. After qualifying the examination you can simply follow the admission procedure of the institute and get admitted.
23rd April 2017, 11:21 PM
MerajAmir
Senior Member+

Default Re: Procedure to get admission for PhD course in Delhi University after completion of M.Sc in Maths with 60 percentage marks?

Yes, you can definitely take admission in Delhi University to pursue the PhD course as you have scored 60% in your master's degree. Those candidates who have scored a minimum of 55% marks in their master's degree are eligible to pursue the PhD course after passing the exam like UGC-NET, JRF, etc.
23rd April 2017, 11:27 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

You need to apply on a prescribed format, when there is a notification by Delhi University. You are eligible to apply for Ph.D admission as you have got 60% marks in M.Sc degree.

Admission will be on the basis of performance in the entrance exam and interview conducted by the concerned university.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?