1st January 2017, 02:58 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to do Ph.D in Maths after completion of 12th standard?

I am completing 12 then what to do,exam should I give for doing PhD in the maths? Am I eligible? Can you please guide me with the complete information on this? I am not sure what are the steps I need to follow. Awaiting for the response.

2nd January 2017, 01:21 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to do Ph.D in Maths after completion of 12th standard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am completing 12 then what to do,exam should I give for doing PhD in the maths? Am I eligible? Can you please guide me with the complete information on this? I am not sure what are the steps I need to follow. Awaiting for the response.

Sorry, you are not eligible to do PhD in Mathematics after completion of 12th standard. You have to study B.Sc Mathematics and M.Sc Mathematics after completion of 10+2 to do PhD in Mathematics. You should score over 55% marks in M.Sc Mathematics to apply for PhD in Mathematics. The candidates will be admitted to the course through a PhD Entrance Examination and Personal Interview. If you cleared the NET/SET/GATE examinations then you will be exempted from the written entrance test. The above mentioned is the procedure for pursuing PhD in Mathematics in India.
2nd January 2017, 07:46 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to do Ph.D in Maths after completion of 12th standard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
After completion of 12th standard, you can do B.Sc/ M.Sc course in mathematics from a recognized University to get admission in Ph.D course in Mathematics. you must secured 55% marks in Masters degree.

To get admission in Ph.D course in Mathematics, you should qualify in CSIR NET exam.
2nd January 2017, 09:10 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

I am sorry to say that you are not eligible for the Ph.D course after the completion of your class 12th studies.
In order to do so, you must complete your Masters degree in the relevant field.
Candidates those who have completed their Masters degree with Mathematics from a recognised University with a minimum of 55% of marks in it are eligible to opt for the Ph.D course in the relevant field.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?