18th May 2015, 04:03 PM
Unregistered

Entrance exams other than UGC-NET to study PhD in Botany course?

Hello everyone,
I have completed M.Sc in Botany.
I want to do PhD in Botany but without UGC-NET.
Can you please provide me the other entrance exams
for admission in PhD course?

Related Questions:
  1. Is it necessary to appear in CSIR-UGC-NET to study PhD in Mathematics? List of colleges which offer PhD in Mathematics without NET?
  2. CSIR-NET or UGC-NET in which one to appear for studying PhD in Commerce? List of entrance exams for doing PhD in Commerce?
  3. Procedure to get admission in Ph.D(Pharmaceutics)? For which subject I should apply for UGC-NET if want to study Ph.D in Ceutics? Basic difference between Part Time and Full Time Ph.D?
  4. Procedure to study PhD through UGC-NET for M.A.(History) postgraduate?
  5. List of entrance exams to study PhD in Microbiology in any UGC approved University
  6. Entrance exam for pursuing PhD from IITs?
  7. How much JRF is offered through GATE and UGC-NET? Minimum marks score to study PhD through GATE and UGC-NET?
  8. How to do Ph.D after M.Pharmaceutics? Difference between parttime and fulltime PhD?
  9. What is the syllabus for UGC NET Botany? I have done MSc from Botany
  10. PhD in Botany without entrance at MG university?
  11. In which entrance exam should I appear among CSIR-NET, UGC-NET, ARS-NET, ICAR-NET and SLET to do PhD?
  12. How to prepare for UGC NET exams? Which subjects are the best for this exam?Study material for the exam? -- [Most Discussed]
  13. Entrance exam to pursue PhD in Pharmacy after M.Sc in Pharmaceutical Chemistry?
  14. Entrance exam for doing PHD in Pharmacy after M.Sc Pharmaceutical Chemistry?
  15. Entrance exam for doing PhD in Pharmacy after M.Sc in Pharmaceutical Chemistry?
  16. Should I have to appear in UGC-NET to study PhD in Mass Communication?
  17. If I pursue PhD under VIT can I get fellowship under UGC?
  18. Am I eligible to appear in UGC-NET to study PhD in Hindi if completed M.A.(Hindi) and B.Com?
19th May 2015, 07:12 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Entrance exams other than UGC-NET to study PhD in Botany course?

You can apply for other exams like CSIR NET Life Sciences, GATE Life Sciences, SLET Life Sciences and other exams which are conducted for JRF like DBT, ICMR and ICAR. If you can qualify any of these exams then you will have great chance of getting admission in a top college for your Ph.D programme.

There are other entrance exams too which are conducted by the university CUCET, BITS Pilani etc. You need to appear for entrance exam and interview stage to get admission. The merit will be prepared on the basis of these two stages.
20th May 2015, 12:47 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello everyone,
I have completed M.Sc in Botany.
I want to do PhD in Botany but without UGC-NET.
Can you please provide me the other entrance exams
for admission in PhD course?
You have completed M.Sc degree in Botany so you can apply for Ph.D in Botany through CSIR NET exam.

Those candidates who have completed masters degree from a recognized university are eligible for CSIR NET exam. General and OBC candidates should hold 55% and above marks in masters degree. For SC/ST candidate its 50% and above in masters degree.

Your age should be below 28 years.

www.csirhrdg.res.in/
2nd May 2018, 12:46 AM
Unregistered

I have completed my msc botany course and I want to apply for phd. Can I do it , my age is 37.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?