2nd October 2017, 03:36 PM
Unregistered

Are graduation subjects important for Ph.D admission?

I have completed M.A with history with 55 of marks and willing to do Ph.D in the same subject can I do? What should be my graduation subjects? It is related with? I am B A. Please guide me.

3rd October 2017, 12:05 AM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Are graduation subjects important for Ph.D admission?

Yes, you are eligible to do PhD in History. Those candidates who have completed masters degree in History discipline with a minimum of 55% marks from any recognized university are eligible for PhD course in the relevant discipline.
No, graduation subjects are not important for PhD admission, only masters degree subjects are matters.
3rd October 2017, 11:16 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Are graduation subjects important for Ph.D admission?

No, your Graduation subjects are not required for your Ph.D course. Subjects or specialization which you have opted in the Masters degree course are linked with the Ph.D course. Which means that candidates those who have completed their Masters degree in the relevant field from a recognized University scoring a minimum of 55 percent of marks in it are eligible to opt for the Ph.D course in the same. So, you are definitely eligible to opt for the Ph.D course in History.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?