25th October 2014, 05:14 PM
Unregistered

Is GRE necessary to do PhD from Abroad or IELTS is enough?

Hi,I have done masters in computational biology and want to know if GRE is necessary to do PhD from abroad or only ielets will do?

Related Questions:
  1. What is the difference between GRE, TOEFL and IELTS?
  2. Information about higher studies in Foreign for B.E. student?
  3. What exams do I have to write among GRE,TOEFL,IELTS exams if I want to pursue masters in abroad?
  4. Minimum age required, IELTS and GRE exams for studying in USA? Expense of MBA in USA?
  5. Should I join IELTS and GRE programs for study abroad if pursuing B.Com?
  6. GRE score of 284 and IELTS score of 6.0 bands are not enough to get admission in good universities?
  7. Can i study engineering in USA after diploma in engineering?
  8. What is medical biotechnology? What is the scope? I am a student of BSc Part I(Biotech)
  9. What's the eligibility criteria for doing MS(Mechanical engineering) from Germany? How may I get details about admission procedure and scholarship available? How much score is required in GRE and IELTS for getting scholarship?
  10. How may I get the details like admission procedure, cut off marks, list of the colleges, scholarships etc for MS(in mechanical) course from Germany? Is it necessary to write both GRE and IELTS exam?
  11. Chances of going abroad after clearing GRE -- [Most Discussed]
  12. Where else can the GRE and TOEFL/IELTS score be useful other than for seeking admission in colleges Abroad?
  13. Should I take GRE, TOEFL or IELTS? I have completed my masters in Wildfire management
  14. Possible good universities in USA having 55.62% in engineering?
  15. PhD Microbiology without GRE in USA?
  16. Chances of getting Visa without IELTS and GRE scores?
  17. Criteria other than GRE for PhD in USA with scholarship? PhD from Abroad is valid in India?
  18. GRE and TOEFL are necessary for admission in PhD at Abroad?
26th October 2014, 09:48 AM
belide
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Is GRE necessary to do PhD from Abroad or IELTS is enough?

It all depends up on the country and University you choose. Suppose, if you have decided to do PhD in Australia, then most of the universities provide admission based on IELTS itself. Countries other than Australia prefer both GRE and TOEFL score.
Minimum IELTS expected to be a scale of 7.

List of Institutes in Australia:

• University of Queensland
• University of Tasmania
• Australian Catholic University
• University of Melbourne
• Victoria University
• University of Sydney and more

List of Institutes in other countries:

• Santa Clara
• University of Southern California
• Washington University
• University of Toronto
• Ryerson University
• University of Northern British Columbia and more
26th October 2014, 02:50 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is GRE necessary to do PhD from Abroad or IELTS is enough?

If you want to do Ph.D in foreign countries like US, then, you need to appear for the GRE examination along with IELTS. And in other foreign countries, some universities asks for GRE score and some universities gives admissions only on the basis of IELTS score. So, whether to appear for GRE or not depends on the university that you are going to apply for pursuing Ph.D course. If the university you apply requires GRE score for admission, then, you need to appear for the GRE examination.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?