30th May 2016, 09:51 PM
Unregistered

How is Applied Statistics field to do PhD in it? What is the role and application of Applied Statistics?

Respected Sir,
I have compleated my PG degree from Delhi University in 1984. Currently I am working in Indian Council of Medical Research . Now I am interested to enroll in Ph.D. work. My interested area is applied Applied Statistics. So I need an information about this particular field….. I will be waiting for your detailed reply.

Renu

30th December 2017, 02:45 PM
sampathkumar29
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How is Applied Statistics field to do PhD in it? What is the role and application of Applied Statistics?

PhD (Doctor of Philosophy) in Applied Statistics is a post graduation. The duration of the course is 2 years. The Applied Statistics has a very good scope and the job opportunities for the Applied Statistics are high. Some of the job opportunities are listed below:

- Psychometrist
- Investment analyst
- Cryptologist
- Commodities traders
- Financial aid director
- Information scientist and etc.,

For studying this course the candidate should have completed their masters or its equivalent education in maths, statistics, science, arts or any related stream from any recognised university.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?