12th October 2016, 12:24 PM
Unregistered

How to apply for Ph.D course and what qualification is needed?

I had completed my MA exams and know i want to do PHD from english literature so i want to ask you that how i can do this and what qualification is needed for that ??? I am not sure about these details now so it will be really helpful if someone can guide me on the same.

Thank you!

12th October 2016, 02:57 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to apply for Ph.D course and what qualification is needed?

1. The minimum qualification required for Doctor of Philosophy is master's degree in any discipline from a recognized university. Final year candidates of master's degree can also apply for PhD course. You have done Master's degree then you can apply for PhD course.

2. You can select your desired university from which you want to do PhD in English and then apply to that university. Most of university has criteria that candidate must have minimum of 60% marks in master's degree.
12th October 2016, 04:22 PM
rachna sarswat
Senior Member+

For getting admission in PhD course you have to give NET exam which is conducted by UGC. For applying in this exam you have to complete post graduation with minimum of 55% marks. Application process for NET exam will be start from 15th October, 2016. This exam will be held on 22nd January, 2017. For applying you have to visit the official website of CBSE. Thanks
12th October 2016, 08:54 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

One who wishes to apply for PhD course can apply for entrance exams like CSIR-UGC NET for JRF/ Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) / IISc Entrance Test / Joint Entrance Screening Test (JEST) / Tata Institute of Fundamental Research PhD entrance exam.

The qualification required to apply for the Ph.D course is Master's degree from a recognized university with minimum 55% marks for General category and 50% marks for the SC/ST candidates.
12th October 2016, 09:25 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

If you have got MA degree with at least 55% marks, then you are definitely eligible for Ph.D admission. Admission will be based on the performance in the entrance exam and interview conducted by the concerned university.

You just need to apply on a prescribed format, when there is an admission notification. Hence, just keep track of notification and apply before last date.
12th October 2016, 09:47 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Now to pursue the course of Ph.D after the completion of your M.A degree course, you must have to appear in the UGC NET examination.
The eligibility criteria required to appear in the UGC NET examination is that a candidate must have completed Master's Degree course from a recognised University with 55% of marks.
After qualifying in the NET examination, candidates can apply for the Ph.D courses to study from the different Universities.
13th October 2016, 02:29 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

The minimum qualification required for the above mentioned course is that a candidate should have scored a minimum of 55% in aggregate and should have to appear for NET/SET examination and after clearing the examination you will be allowed to get admission in the colleges you will be eligible for.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?