2nd March 2016, 11:08 AM
Unregistered

Is it possible to take admission in USA for Ph.D after completion of Engineering from India?

Hello,

In Sepeteber I have completed my Master in Engineering. Now i want to take the admission for PhD in USA. so just I want to know that is it possible to take the admission for PhD in USA and which are the prerequisites for it? Can you please provide me the answer?

Related Questions:
  1. Does MD degree give an edge over other for getting admission in Ph.D in USA if I have a good research background? How much will I be paid in India?
  2. Ph.D after completing M.Sc Zoology with 82%?
  3. Prospects of getting a Ph.D course in USA after doing M.D in Pharmacology from India with good research experience? Job prospects in India after completing Ph.D from USA?
  4. List of universities which offer PhD in Computer Application in USA to MCA postgraduate?
  5. Should I go for PhD in USA after completing masters in Vety. Science from IVRI?
  6. Can I study PhD in USA after completion of B.Tech?
  7. What is the eligibility criteria followed for doing Ph.D in India and aborad based on GATE and CSIR? doing M.Sc Genetics after completion of B.Pharm after completion of M.Sc course?
  8. How to get admission in Electrical Engineering in India and USA? And what will be the total cost?
  9. Procedure for admission in MIT USA for Ph.D? What is the eligibility criteria?
  10. Further study options in USA after MDS Oral Medicine and Radiology? With Indian MDS can PhD be done in USA?
  11. Chances of getting a job in India after Ph.D admission in Microbiology in Texas A&M University?
  12. Procedure for admission in MIT USA for Ph.D? What is the eligibility criteria? -- [Most Discussed]
  13. Entrance exam for getting admission in PhD(Computer) at MIT, USA? Procedure and eligibility criteria?
  14. Am I eligible to enrol Ph.D course in USA after completion of post graduation course in Electronics and Communication from India?
  15. What are the opportunities in USA after completion of M.Pharm in India?
  16. Can I get admission to study PhD in Microbiology without GRE in USA?
  17. Criteria other than GRE for PhD in USA with scholarship? PhD from Abroad is valid in India?
  18. Is M.Sc from Mumbai university India valid in USA?
2nd March 2016, 04:32 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to take admission in USA for Ph.D after completion of Engineering from India?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello,

In Sepeteber I have completed my Master in Engineering. Now i want to take the admission for PhD in USA. so just I want to know that is it possible to take the admission for PhD in USA and which are the prerequisites for it? Can you please provide me the answer?
You have completed masters in engineering so you are eligible for Ph.D course in USA but you should qualify in GRE exam.

GRE stands for Graduate Record Examination.

There are no specific eligibility criteria for GRE Test. This examination is open for all candidates who are willing to pursue higher degree in abroad.

Types of Graduate Record Examination test

1) Revised General Test
2) GRE Subject Tests

GRE exam Pattern:-

The GRE exam is conducted in three sections

Section I:-

1) Verbal Reasoning
i) Reading Comprehension
ii) Text Completion
iii) Sentence Equivalence

Section II:-

1) Quantitative Reasoning

Section III:-

1) Analytical Writing Assessment
i) Issue-Task essay
ii )Argument-Task essays

Best books for GRE exam:-

1.Barron's Essential Words for the GRE
by
Philip Geer Ed.
Publisher: Barron's Educational Series (2010)

2.Cracking The New GRE, 2012 (With DVD)
by
Princeton Review
Publisher: Random House Information Group (2012)

3.The Official Guide To The GRE Revised General Test (with CD)
by
Educational Testing Service
Publisher: Tata Mcgraw Hill Education Private Limited (2011)
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?