21st April 2018, 03:19 PM
Unregistered

Sociology syllabus of UGC-NET? Eligibility to study PhD(Sociology) in Gauhati University for MA student?

Hello, I am studying Master’s in Sociology in Gauhati University. I want to study more after my Post Graduation. I am interested in PhD. Please tell me about the syllabus for Sociology NET conducted by UGC. Also I want to know that I can get admission in Gauhati University after this exam?

Related Questions:
  1. Eligibility to apply in UGC-NET for M.A.(Sociology) student who has completed M.Ed?
  2. Percentage required to do MA in Sociology from Gauhati University? How can I apply for it this year?
  3. MA Sociology student can appear in UGC NET?
  4. Am I eligible to apply for SLET and NET exam after completion of masters in mathematics from IDOL, Gauhati University
  5. Possibility to study PhD in Sociology along with job in any Research Organization for UGC-NET qualified candidate?
  6. Relevant study material and syllabus for UGC NET Economics? Is it worth investing in correspondence institutes study materials?
  7. Can I get admission in Thapar University to study PhD in Education through UGC-NET? Syllabus of UGC-NET(Education)?
  8. Eligibility to study PhD(Environmental Engineering) in Gauhati University?
  9. Date of entrance exam for M.A Sociology under Gauhati university? -- [Most Discussed]
  10. Eligibility and syllabus of UGC-NET(Anthropology) for MSc(Anthropology) student?
  11. Eligibility criteria and syllabus of UGC-NET(Economics) for M.A. Economics student?
  12. Can I get admission in Amity University to study PhD in Agriculture through UGC-NET? Syllabus of UGC-NET(Agriculture)?
  13. Eligibility criteria and syllabus of UGC-NET(Mathematics) for MSc(Mathematics) student?
  14. Eligibility criteria and syllabus of UGC-NET(Psychology) for MSc(Psychology) student?
  15. Can I become a Lecturer if pursuing PhD in Sociology through UGC-NET?
  16. Eligibility to study PhD(Management Studies) in Gauhati University? -- [New]
  17. How to make a Lecturership career in Sociology field?
  18. Political Science syllabus of UGC-NET? Eligibility to apply?
25th May 2018, 01:28 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Sociology syllabus of UGC-NET? Eligibility to study PhD(Sociology) in Gauhati University for MA student?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello, I am studying Master’s in Sociology in Gauhati University. I want to study more after my Post Graduation. I am interested in PhD. Please tell me about the syllabus for Sociology NET conducted by UGC. Also I want to know that I can get admission in Gauhati University after this exam?

Sociology syllabus of UGC-NET is given below:

Sociological Concepts
Sociological Theory
Methodology
Rural Sociology – Elective 1
Industry and Society – Elective 2
Sociology of Development – Elective 3
Population and Society – Elective 4
Gender and Society – Elective 5

Candidates can find the details about the syllabus of NET Sociology in the UGC NET website link given Click Here

Those who have passed a master’s degree in Sociology or equivalent with a minimum of 55% marks from a recognized university are eligible to apply for the PhD in Sociology in Gauhati University. Candidates have to appear for the Gauhati University Research Eligibility Test (GU-RET) and counseling process for the admission. Candidates have to apply for admission through the Central Application Process (CAP). Gauhati University website link is given Click Here
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?