2nd March 2018, 01:23 AM
Unregistered

Steps to join PhD in Oceanography for 12th Science student?

Hello, I am studying in 12th standard with Science. I have already planned about my future. In future I want to do research on Oceanography. So, for this I want to join PhD course in Oceanography. So, from now you help me to show the path for achieving my aim. Kindly tell me the steps.

15th March 2018, 05:10 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Steps to join PhD in Oceanography for 12th Science student?

In order to do Research in Oceanography after the completion of class 12th, you must have to opt for B.Tech degree course in Marine Engineering. Then go for Masters degree either in Marine Engineering or in Oceanography.
Once you complete your M.Tech or M.E in the above mentioned fields with a minimum of 55% of marks in it, you can very much apply for the Ph.D course in Oceanography.
15th March 2018, 06:24 PM
shahi jee
Senior Member+++++

After completion of 12th, you have to do Bachelor's degree in relevant field with at least 50% marks. After that you have to do Master's degree with at least 50% marks then you will be eligible for pursuing PhD in Oceanography.

All the Bachelor's degree and Master's degree are from any recognized university/institute.
15th March 2018, 06:32 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

Just after passing your 12th with science you are not eligible to pursue PhD in oceanography because to pursue PhD you must have to complete your degree and then post graduation. After passing your post graduation in the same field you can apply for PhD course but for that you have to qualify the entrance test.
15th March 2018, 07:01 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

You need to first have a masters degree in the concerned stream with at least 55% marks, to become eligible for Ph.D admission. At present you have class 12th qualification, which is not enough.

Hence, first of all you need to get admission in degree course of your choice, in which you want to do your research later, then pursue PG degree in it.
15th March 2018, 07:14 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility criteria to pursue PhD in Oceanography:

One must have completed post graduation in the relevant field with minimum 50% marks from a recognised University.

After qualifying post graduation one must have to appear in the entrance exam such as UGC NET.

Directly after passing your 12th standard you are not eligible to pursue PHD.
15th March 2018, 09:45 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

First of all you should complete your 10+2 examination.
After that you should go for B.Sc or any other stream. Then after Master’s and after completing all this you should pursue Ph.D.
But the most important thing is that you have to score good marks as because you will be eligible to pursue Ph.D only if you have scored overall 60 percent from 10th to Master’s degree. And after qualifying entrance test you will get admission in college to study Ph.D.
16th March 2018, 07:34 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Procedure to do PhD in Oceanography course in India:

In order to PhD in Oceanography course in India, you are required to follow the below steps and go through the following instructions one by one.

>> The basic educational qualification required to do PhD in Oceanography is "Master's Degree" concerned stream with minimum 55% marks.

>> For doing Master's Degree the basic educational qualification required is Bachelor's Degree in concerned stream. The minimum qualification required for Bachelor's Degree is 12th Class from a recognized university.

>> Here is the exact that chart that is to be followed,

* 12th Class
* B.Sc in Botany/Chemistry/ Zoology/ Earth Science/ Fishery Science/ Physics/ Applied Sciences..etc.,
* M.Sc in Oceanography/ M.Sc in Marine Biology/ M.Tech in Ocean Technology/ M.Tech in Ocean Engineering
* Appear in Doctoral program entrance exam like CSIR/ UGC NET/ concerned exam
* PhD in Oceanography
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?