25th July 2016, 02:03 PM
nikhilsutar

What is the qualification criteria required to join NASA?

Respected Sir, I am a BE- Biotechnology student .My question is what are the chances of me to join NASA? I want to know the steps of education or degree (like BE/MS/PhD)etc. Please suggest what should I do?
Thank you

29th July 2016, 03:39 PM
Pwg_31
Senior Member+

Default Re: What is the qualification criteria required to join NASA?

See, assuming that you are an Indian citizen(which is most likely), i must tell you that to apply for the public organisations of USA, you cannot give a direct exam like we have in India.

You need to register yourself on the US government portal through which only you can apply for different posts for different departments of not only NASA but of other American public organisations as well.

Chances of candidates who pursue any engineering course(Electrical, Aeronautical, Aerospace, Electronics) or any research course and gain sufficient experience are more in organisation like NASA. But it not the case that only engineers are there in it. An organisation and that too a research organisation need experts on everything. Bio-technology engineers are also well in demand. Its just that you should need to have a strong resume with some great achievements in your career.

Also, not only NASA, but ISRO is also one of the best space organisation of the world which conducts its own test and you can give its test after 12th and work with it.
Also, after engineering too, they conduct tests to recruit scientists and engineers in different departments.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?