2nd March 2018, 12:21 AM
Unregistered

Is there any entrance exam to join PhD program in Presidency College, Chennai? Procedure to get admission?

Hello Sir, I have completed my M.Sc in Physics. Now successfully join M.Phil course in same subject. My aim is to do research on Physics. I am studying my M.Phil in Loyola College. But I want to study my PhD in Presidency college of Chennai. I want to know that Presidency colleges takes exam for PhD admission? If yes, then how can I proceed for admission?

Related Questions:
  1. Does Presidency College, Chennai conducts entrance exam to join PhD course?
  2. Eligibility and procedure for admission in Presidency College, Chennai?
  3. Admission procedure to study PhD(Corporate Secretaryship) in Dhanraj Baid Jain College, Chennai?
  4. Admission procedure to study PhD(Entomology) in Entomology Research Institute, Chennai?
  5. How may I do Ph.D program either in Mechanical or Management? What's the applying procedure and eligibility criteria for the same?
  6. Which are the best Universities in India for pursuing M.Sc Physics? What are their fee structure?
  7. Detailed information and procedure to get admission in Loyola College, Chennai for PhD in Statistics?
  8. List of universities offering Ph.D in computer science as part time in Tamilnadu? -- [Most Discussed]
  9. What can I do after BCA if I am a student of Biology?
  10. Is there any entrance exam to join PhD program in Central University of Karnataka? Procedure to get admission?
  11. Admission procedure to study PhD(Biochemistry) in Banaras Hindu University? Entrance exams to get admission?
  12. Eligibility to get admission in Presidency college, Kolkata for Integrated M.Sc(Biotechnology)? In which entrance exam I have to appear? Scope after completing?
  13. Procedure to apply for PhD commerce with entrance exam?
  14. How many PhD(Corporate Secretaryship) seats are available in Dhanraj Baid Jain College, Chennai? -- [New]
  15. List of the colleges having placement cell for BSc Maths?
  16. Previous years question papers of Presidency College, Chennai MPhil(Mathematics) entrance exam
  17. Admission procedure to study PhD(Geology) in MES Ponnani College?
  18. Entrance exam available to study PhD(Pharmaceutical Chemistry) in RK University?
15th March 2018, 06:44 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is there any entrance exam to join PhD program in Presidency College, Chennai? Procedure to get admission?

Yes, you must have to appear in the entrance examination before getting admission to study Ph.D course from Presidency College.
To opt for Ph.D in Physics from Presidency College, you must have to gain a Masters degree or M.Phil in Physics from a recognized University. After that you must qualify in the UGC NET examination.
The eligibility criteria required to appear in the UGC NET examination is that a candidate must have completed Master's Degree course from a recognized University with 55% of marks.
After qualifying in the NET examination, you can take admission to study Ph.D in Physics from Presidency College.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?