5th October 2015, 08:07 PM
Unregistered

How can i do post doctoral research in Chemistry?

I have been working as a senior lecturer in chemistry since 1996 at the Rajarata University of Sri Lanka. I have completed B.Sc., M.Sc and M.Phil degrees from Sri lanka Universities. I wish to continue my studies in the field of chemistry. How can i do it?

12th October 2015, 10:36 AM
joyshreenath
Senior Member++

Default Re: How can i do post doctoral research in Chemistry?

Since each and every degree of yours is from Sri Lanka, I advise you to pursue your further higher studies that is PhD. and Post Doc from Sri Lanka only. It is because now if you shift to some other country or then you would again have to prove your worth in that country.

For example since, you are an M.Phil from Sri Lanka, you will not have to sit for any entrance examination to study PhD. in any Sri Lankan university. But if you opt for a PhD. in say, India, you will again have to clear NET or SET examination and then will you be allowed to sit for PhD. degree. It is very very competitive in India.

Now, the reason I am mentioning PhD. because, it is only after you clear PhD. that you can apply for a post doctoral research in any country. You can apply for this Sri Lanka or you can apply for that in any other country. But the competition will be more in foreign countries as compared to your hometown. You just apply for a post doctoral research in all those universities that are your favorites, with a proper research proposal. If any university likes your proposal, they will call you for a face to face interview. When you clear that interview, you would get all the expenses for your post doctoral research from that university only.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?