12th July 2016, 09:39 AM
Unregistered

What is the eligibility criteria followed to apply for SET NET or Ph.D directly?

Hello,

I am alka i have completed my post graduation diploma in media studies got 75% i want apply for SET NET or PHD plz let me know is i am eligible for any fo this programmes or not? It will be helpful if you can provide me the right suggestion for the next steps.

Thanks!

13th July 2016, 09:17 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the eligibility criteria followed to apply for SET NET or Ph.D directly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello,

I am alka i have completed my post graduation diploma in media studies got 75% i want apply for SET NET or PHD plz let me know is i am eligible for any fo this programmes or not? It will be helpful if you can provide me the right suggestion for the next steps.

Thanks!
No, post graduate diploma candidates are not eligible for SET/NET entrance exam.

Those candidates who have completed masters degree from a recognized university are eligible for NET/SET exam. General and OBC candidates should hold 55% and above marks in masters degree. For SC/ST candidate its 50% and above in masters degree.

Age criteria for NET/SET exam:-

For JRF Post :-Your age should be below 28 years.

For Lectureship Post :-There are no age criteria.
13th July 2016, 03:55 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the eligibility criteria followed to apply for SET NET or Ph.D directly?

I am sorry to say you that since you have done Post Graduate Diploma, you are not eligible for NET/ SET examinations.
Candidates those who have completed their Post Graduation from a recognised University with a minimum of 55% of marks in it are eligible to opt NET examinations.
Once you are eligible for the entrance exam, qualifying in the same you can take admission to pursue Ph.D courses.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?