12th July 2016, 09:38 AM
Unregistered

What is the procedure followed to apply for Ph.D from any University?

What is the procedure followed to apply for Ph.D from any University? Can someone please let me know the steps which are followed for the same? I am just new to this and it will be really helpful if you can guide me with the complete steps.

Related Questions:
  1. Procedure to apply for PhD (Gandhian Studies) course at Central University of Gujarat?
  2. What is the procedure to apply for Ph.D in Chaudhary Charan Singh University?
  3. List of PhD fellowship schemes available in India with procedure to apply -- [New]
  4. Procedure to apply in JNU University PET for PhD(Law) aspirant?
  5. Criteria and procedure of doing PhD in Chemistry from Vinayak University?
  6. Procedure to get admission in Manipal University to study PhD in Microbiology for a SC candidate who has secured 32.33 percentile in GATE? List of PhD colleges offering admission with this GATE scorecard?
  7. Detailed information, procedure to apply and fee structure of PhD in Mathematics program at Delhi University? Syllabus of PhD entrance exam in Delhi University?
  8. Procedure to apply in Alagappa University PhD entrance exam?
  9. Am I eligible to do PhD being a Statistics postgraduate? Procedure to apply?
  10. List of universities offering PhD in English in India? Procedure to apply?
  11. Procedure to apply for PhD in Environmental Science program in Burdwan University for M.Sc postgraduate of Calcutta University?
  12. Registration procedure to apply for PhD in Commerce in Burdwan University? Last date of application and date of entrance exam?
  13. Eligibility to study PhD for a postgraduate?
  14. Procedure to apply for PhD(Hindi) course in Nalanda Open University?
  15. What is the procedure followed for applying Ph.D course after completion of MA?
  16. Procedure to get admission in PhD program if cleared Pre-PhD interview in Pune University?
  17. How to apply for Ph.D in English? -- [Most Discussed]
  18. Procedure to study PhD in Education for M.A.(Hindi) and M.Ed postgraduate?
13th July 2016, 09:46 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the procedure followed to apply for Ph.D from any University?

To do Ph.D in a particular subject, candidates must have appeared in the UGC NET examination, qualifying in which they will be eligible to take admission for Ph.D courses.
The eligibility criteria required to appear in the UGC NET examination is that a candidate must have completed Master's Degree course from a recognised University with 55% of marks.
There is no age criteria for NET examination.
15th July 2016, 12:06 AM
ShreeRocks
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the procedure followed to apply for Ph.D from any University?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
What is the procedure followed to apply for Ph.D from any University? Can someone please let me know the steps which are followed for the same? I am just new to this and it will be really helpful if you can guide me with the complete steps.
The students with Master’s Degree in the relevant subject with 55% marks can apply for PhD program in any university. Those applied should appear for PhD Entrance Test (PET) or CET conducted by the university for the PhD admission. The candidates should also attend an interview for the admission. The candidates who have cleared GATE/NET/SET/M.Phil or equivalent examinations shall not be required to appear at the PhD entrance test. The course is available in various universities in India.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?