27th April 2017, 12:54 AM
Unregistered

Procedure to do Ph.D in Astronomy from an open university?

Procedure to do Ph.D in Astronomy from open university? Can someone please provide me the complete details which I need to follow for the same? It will be really helpful if I can get the answer soon as possible. Awaiting for the response. Thank you!

Related Questions:
  1. How to get admission in any university to do Ph.D in Astronomy?
  2. Scholarships available for a candidate who has secured admission in PhD(Astronomy) course in UK?
  3. What is the procedure followed for doing Ph.D in Astronomy?
  4. What is the procedure followed for doing Ph.D in Astronomy from IGNOU?
  5. Subjects should be taken in 11th standard to do Ph.D in Astronomy? List of colleges for Ph.D Astronomy?
  6. What subjects to pick up in 11th for doing Ph.D in Astronomy in future?
  7. Possibility to get admission in Ph.D(Astronomy) programme for M.Sc(Astronomy) student? In which entrance exam I have to appear?
  8. Admission procedure to study PhD in Hindi at any Open University?
  9. How can I get admission in IIT for Ph.D in Astronomy programme?
  10. Which is more preferable for doing PhD in astronomy and astrophysics, either B.Sc(physics hons) or B.Sc(physical science)?
  11. Which are the entrance tests related to Astronomy or Astrophysics? Is there any online Astronomy class? -- [Most Discussed]
  12. PhD or Post graduation in Astronomy and Astrophysics is possible after B.Tech?
  13. Am I eligible to do PhD in English without any entrance exam if completed M.A. from Karnataka State Open University?
  14. List of ITI and Polytechnic courses for girl in Delhi? Eligibility criteria of the courses?
  15. Procedure to apply for PhD(Hindi) course in Nalanda Open University?
  16. Is it beneficial to do PhD(Economics) in Nalanda Open University?
  17. Best colleges in India offering MSc in Space Physics?
  18. Am I eligible to study PhD in Astronomy after completing B.Tech in Aerospace Engineering?
28th April 2017, 11:04 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Procedure to do Ph.D in Astronomy from an open university?

To do Ph.D in Astronomy, you must have to complete Masters degree in the relevant field from a recognised University. Then apply for UGC NET examination.
The eligibility criteria required to appear in the UGC NET examination is that a candidate must have completed his/her Master's Degree course from a recognised University with a minimum of 55% of marks in it.
After qualifying in the NET examination, you can take admission to study Ph.D course from any open University offering the said course.
29th April 2017, 11:36 AM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Procedure to do Ph.D in Astronomy from an open university?

In order to pursue PhD in Astronomy, you should have completed your master's degree in the relevant discipline with minimum 55% to 60% marks from a recognized university.

Now you have to appear for entrance examinations like UGC NET/JRF/CSIR/GATE etc. The admissions are totally based on the marks secured in these examinations. So, after qualifying these examinations you can directly face the interview and apply for admission.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?