20th July 2016, 11:30 PM
Unregistered

What qualification is required to do Ph.D in English?

How we may do phd with English what qualification is required? What is the minimum criteria needed for this? Can someone please provide me the complete information on the same? It will be helpful if you can answer me soon on this.

Thank you!

Related Questions:
  1. When should I apply for PhD in English program in Kerala University? Qualification required to apply?
  2. Ph.D in English after M.A in English from Osmania in distance?
  3. Fees and qualification required for PhD? How and in which subject to complete PhD?
  4. Eligibility and qualification required to study PhD for Physics Honours student?
  5. Qualification required to do PhD under e-Governance?
  6. Am I eligible to apply for Ph.D entrance exam after completion of M.Sc in distance mode in Berhampur University?
  7. What is the minimum required percentage to do PhD in English after completion of MA?
  8. From which university I can do PhD after completion of my M.Phil and MA with 53% marks in English? -- [Most Discussed]
  9. How may I get the details like course duration, total cost on course, scholarship for getting admission in Ph.D course with english stream?
  10. Qualification required to study PhD for M.A. candidate?
  11. Am I eligible to do Ph.D after completion of MA English with 50% marks from IGNOU?
  12. What qualification is required to do Ph.D in English?
  13. Is it good to do Ph.D English or I can try for some other topic?
  14. How can I get admission to study PhD in English if secured 50% in M.A.(English) being a 52 years old candidate?
  15. Recognised university for correspondence M.Phil/PhD in English?
  16. Information about pursuing PhD English from IGNOU?
  17. Detailed information about PhD in English Language and English Literature for an English postgraduate? Possibility to do PhD in Management?
  18. What is the qualification required to apply for part time Ph.D? -- [New]
21st July 2016, 09:28 AM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What qualification is required to do Ph.D in English?

Eligibility criteria for Ph.D course in English:-

For a general category candidates 55% marks in M.A English is the required qualification for Ph.D admission in India

There is no age criteria for Ph.D course.
21st July 2016, 05:41 PM
ShreeRocks
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
How we may do phd with English what qualification is required? What is the minimum criteria needed for this? Can someone please provide me the complete information on the same? It will be helpful if you can answer me soon on this.

Thank you!

The qualification required to do PhD in English is a Master’s Degree in English with a minimum of 55% marks from any recognized university. The candidate should clear NET or SET examination or M.Phil or the PhD Entrance Test conducted by the university for the admission. These are the main requirements to do PhD in English. The PhD can be done through various universities like

Madras University - Official Website
Amity University - Official Website
Lovely Professional University - Official Website
Loyola College - Official Website
21st July 2016, 05:51 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

To pursue PhD in English a candidate must have completed Masters in English from recognised University with at least 55% marks in Masters course.
You should have a valid UGC NET scorecard.
There is no upper age limit.
21st July 2016, 07:51 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Below I have mentioned the eligibility criteria to do Ph.D in English, have a look over it.

Eligibility criteria to do Ph.D in English:-

Candidates must have completed their Master's degree in English from a recognised University.
Candidates must have scored at least 55% of marks in Master's degree.
Candidates must have a valid NET scorecard.
21st July 2016, 11:53 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

Thank you!
Those candidates who have completed masters degree from a recognized university are eligible for Ph.D entrance exam. General and OBC candidates should hold 55% and above marks in masters degree. For SC/ST candidate its 50% and above in masters degree.

Your age should be below 28 years for JRF post.
22nd July 2016, 05:17 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

In order to opt for the above mentioned course, you will have to have an M.Phil degree or a PG degree from a recognized University having scored a minimum of 55% in aggregate.

Therefore, if you fulfill the above mentioned eligibility criteria, you are very much eligible to opt for PhD in English course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?