28th April 2015, 05:44 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to appear in GATE if completed Lateral Entry B.E.(Civil Engineering)?

Respected Sir,
I have completed my B.E in Civil Engineering.
I want to write GATE but the doubt is I
have joined B.E. through lateral entry
so can I write GATE?

Related Questions:
  1. Can I do B.E. course after completing B.Sc.?
  2. Am I eligible for lateral entry in engineering UPSEE exam
  3. How to get admission for 2nd year of B.Tech after completion of 1st year of B.Sc course?
  4. Can I be eligible for taking admission in Petroleum Engineering in Lateral Entry having completed Diploma in Electrical Engineering?
  5. Am I eligible to join part time BE course in civil engineering after completing vocational course in rural technology and B.Com lateral entry?
  6. How to join B.Tech course after completion of B.Sc?
  7. After diploma what should I take for admission in degree? Procedure for D2D admission? Is there any entrance exam to take admission in Gujarat?
  8. Am I eligible for B.Tech lateral entry in Kerala after completing 2nd year diploma in civil engineering with 70% marks?
  9. Eligibility criteria for lateral entry in B.E(Mechanical Engineering)? What is the cutoff mark for lateral entry in B.E? -- [Most Discussed]
  10. Am I eligible for MCA lateral entry after completing BSc software engineering
  11. Can I appear for AIEEE after scoring 47.2% in diploma?
  12. Am I eligible to do MCA in lateral entry after completing BSc IT? Colleges or universities providing MCA lateral entry? Details about their placements?
  13. Eligibility for B.Tech Architecture through JELET for Diploma holder?
  14. Can I be eligible for lateral entry in B.Tech civil engineering after completing diploma in architectural assistanceship from UPBTE with 70%
  15. Can i take admission in IIT after B.Com? I am pursuing A level from DOEACC
  16. Procedure to get Lateral Entry to study B.E. in Bangalore for a EEE Diploma holder completed 2 years ago?
  17. Am I eligible for the programme of B.Tech in Plastic Engineering in 2nd year by lateral entry
  18. Am I eligible to attend lateral entry counseling to join B.E in Tamilnadu Engineering College? I have completed diploma in Production Engineering
29th April 2015, 06:59 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to appear in GATE if completed Lateral Entry B.E.(Civil Engineering)?

Yes, you are eligible to appear in GATE examination after completion of your Lateral Entry B.E. (Civil Engineering) course. Candidates who have completed Bachelor's degree or who are in final year of Bachelor's degree course are eligible to appear in GATE examination. Since, you have completed your B.E. (Civil Engineering) course through Lateral Entry, you are eligible to appear in GATE examination. The GATE examination score is valid for a period of three years.
29th April 2015, 07:16 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to appear in GATE if completed Lateral Entry B.E.(Civil Engineering)?

Yes, surely you can apply for GATE if you done B.E from a AICTE approved college in India. Just make sure that you have got at least 60% marks in your B.E degree. For reserved category candidates there is 5% relaxation for GATE.

Therefore, don't worry about your lateral entry and start preparing for GATE because in the end your degree matters and not the way of admission. If you have got the degree from a approved college then no problem.
29th April 2015, 07:28 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Respected Sir,
I have completed my B.E in Civil Engineering.
I want to write GATE but the doubt is I
have joined B.E. through lateral entry
so can I write GATE?
Yes, you are eligible for GATE exam.

GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering.

If you have Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology or Architecture/Design or its equivalent or masters degree in science department then you are eligible for GATE exam.

There are no restriction for attempts in GATE exam.You can apply any number of time. There is no age criteria but your minimum age must be above 18 years.
21st May 2015, 10:29 PM
kunalroy89

You are perfectly eligible for GATE or any other exams for higher studies,Govt jobs,Private jobs etc.Lateral entry students are not discriminated on any basis.If you have passed your B.tech from a UGC and AICTE approved college and University,your degree is equivalent to any regular 4 year B.tech course.
Keep preparing hard for GATE and do not get deviated by these doubts.
You are completely eligible for any future venture after B.tech and it does not matter whether you started engineering after 12th or Diploma.
All the best
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?