8th May 2015, 12:15 AM
Unregistered

What's better for becoming a lecturer, B.Ed/M.Ed or Masters degree?

I would like to know that for becoming a college professor what is a better option- doing B.Ed/M.Ed or doing a masters degree. I am a Computer Science graduate but I don't want to pursue M.Tech. Please guide me with your personal experience or suggestions?

8th May 2015, 10:37 AM
Bestanswerer
Banned

Default Re: What's better for becoming a lecturer, B.Ed/M.Ed or Masters degree?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I would like to know that for becoming a college professor what is a better option- doing B.Ed/M.Ed or doing a masters degree. I am a Computer Science graduate but I don't want to pursue M.Tech. Please guide me with your personal experience or suggestions?
If you want to become a Lecturer then must complete a Master degree in relevant from a recognized university. Apart from that, it is mandatory that should qualify in the UGC NET/SLET entrance exam with good marks. Yes, of course you can do M.Tech in the relevant specialization after completing your Graduation. But, please make sure that only B.Tech/B.E/M.Sc/MCA students are eligible for B.Tech. Admission to the M.Tech is based on the marks obtained in the GATE or the entrance exam conducted by the respective university
21st May 2015, 10:21 PM
kunalroy89

Default Re: What's better for becoming a lecturer, B.Ed/M.Ed or Masters degree?

B.Ed will not help you in getting a job in college.If you are a B.tech you can get job as lecturer or actually junior lecturer in private colleges.But without Masters degree you will not get promotion easily and it will take long time to go higher.
Better would be to complete your M.Tech and go for CSIR-NET for engineering subjects and get posted directly as Lecturers and go higher order.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?