2nd August 2015, 12:40 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to apply for IBPS and SBI bank exam after completion of post graduation from DU open learning?

Am I eligible to apply for IBPS and SBI bank exam after completion of post graduation from DU open learning? What would be the minimum criteria required to apply for the exam? Can someone please let me know the information on the same soon?

Thank you!

2nd August 2015, 11:40 AM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for IBPS and SBI bank exam after completion of post graduation from DU open learning?

Yes dear you are absolutely eligible to apply for " Bank Exams " still if you have completed your Mater's from distance learning. And one thing I must your college must be recognized one. If not there is No chance to get eligible for bank exams.

To know the eligibility criteria of bank exams you just have a look on the below information.

>> Most important thing is you need to complete graduation from the recognized university with minimum percentage of marks.

>> Age may vary depends on the type of Post.

For Clerks, -- 20 to 28 years

For PO/MT's -- 21 to 30 years.

>> Any candidates who had completed graduation in distance mode also eligible for Bank exams.

>> You need to have both Computer proficiency and Banking Knowledge.
2nd August 2015, 03:33 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for IBPS and SBI bank exam after completion of post graduation from DU open learning?

Yes, you are eligible to apply for IBPS and SBI Bank Examination after completion of Graduation from Delhi University even though it is open learning. The minimum educational qualification required to be eligible for appearing in Banking related recruitments is "Graduate Degree" from a recognized university. "Since Delhi University is a recognized university, I am sure you are eligible to apply for Banking Examinations".

Minimum Educational Qualification:

>> Graduate Degree (Or) any bachelor Degree PASS from a recognized university and there is no certain minimum percentage is required to be eligible.

>> As you are a post Graduate completed PG from Delhi University which is a recognized University, you are certainly eligible to apply for Bank Exams.

Age Criteria:

For IBPS and SBI PO Recruitments:- 21 years to 30 years
For IBPS and SBI Clerical Cadre Recruitments:- 20 to 28 years
Age relaxation of 3 years for OBC, 5 years for SC/ST and 10 years for PWD candidates as per government norms.
2nd August 2015, 08:54 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

You need a degree from a recognized university. It doesn't matter whether it is regular or distance mode, it should be recognized by distance council or UGC.

There is no percentage criteria and you need a degree with pass marks only. Your selection will depend on the marks scored in the exam and interview.
2nd August 2015, 08:55 PM
Uthradhi
Senior Member+

The minimum educational qualification to apply for these examination is that the candidate should have completed graduate degree in any recognized university or equivalent qualification. Graduation qualification is enough to appear for bank examinations.

IBPS PO Examination:

An applicant should have completed graduate degree in any discipline from a recognized university or equivalent qualification. An applicant age should be between 20 years and 30 years at the time of appearing for this examination. Age relaxation are applicable for reserved categories. No percentage bar are required to apply.

SBI PO Examination:

An applicant should have completed graduate degree in any discipline from a recognized university or equivalent qualification. An applicant age should be between 20 years and 30 years at the time of appearing for this examination. Age relaxation are applicable for reserved categories. No percentage bar are required to apply. Final year of degree course may also apply.
2nd August 2015, 09:19 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Am I eligible to apply for IBPS and SBI bank exam after completion of post graduation from DU open learning? What would be the minimum criteria required to apply for the exam? Can someone please let me know the information on the same soon?

Thank you!
Yes, you are eligible for SBI and IBPS clerk exam because you have completed graduation degree.

Those candidates who have completed graduation from a recognized university are eligible for SBI and IBPS clerk exam.

Your age should be in between 18 to 28 years.

Age relaxation -

SC/ST – 5 Years
OBC-3 Years
People with disability (PWD) –Gen- 10 years
PWD-SC/ST -15 years
PWD-OBC-13 Years
2nd August 2015, 11:46 PM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to apply for IBPS and SBI bank exams.

Eligibility :

Candidate who have passed graduation from any recognised university can apply for IBPS and SBI bank exams. There is no need of post graduation.
Age of candidate must be from 18 to 28 years. Relaxation in age is follows :

OBC : 3 years
SC/ST : 5 years
Physically Handicapped : 10 years
3rd August 2015, 02:36 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are very much eligible to apply for both the examination, however below U have mentioned the eligibility criteria for both he examination., Kindly have a look at it.

IBPS exam(eligibility);

> Minimum age requirement for this exam is 18 years

> Maximum age is allowed till 28 years

> Should have completed a minimum qualification of 10th standard and should be well accustomed with the state's language where the candidate is presently residing.'

SBI PO Eligibility:

> Minimum age requirement for this exam is 20 years

> Maximum age is allowed till 30 years

> Age relaxation is provided to SC/ST of 5 years, 3 years for OBC and 10 years for disabled candidates

> Candidate should have completed his/her graduation in any discipline from a recognized University with a minimum of 55% marks.

> Candidates must have completed their +2 from a recognized University with a minimum of 60% marks.

NOTE: Only those candidates are eligible who have completed their education or graduation in a regular pattern and for distance learning candidates there is no opportunity for these exams, which means that distance degree holders need not apply.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?