24th October 2016, 03:18 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to to B.Ed from open university being a 45 years old my degree in 1997?

I am 45 years old science graduate of 1997 and I am from Jammu and Kashmir and am residing in Kolkata and want to do B.Ed from open university. Is it possible and if so what should I have to do?

24th October 2016, 09:50 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to to B.Ed from open university being a 45 years old my degree in 1997?

Yes, you are eligible to do B.Ed from open university even being a 45 years old person as there is no restriction on upper age limit to pursue the course.

B.Ed is an acronym for Bachelor's of Education. It is a two year duration undergraduate academic degree which qualifies the graduate as a teacher in schools.

Academic qualification required to get enrolled for B.Ed. course is Bachelor's degree in any discipline with at least 50% marks from a recognized University.
24th October 2016, 10:59 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to to B.Ed from open university being a 45 years old my degree in 1997?

B.Ed stands for Bachelor of Education.

This is a training course which has become compulsory for candidates who want to teach in government schools.

Eligibility criteria for B.Ed course:

1. You must have done bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university.

2. Minimum percentage of marks required in bachelor's degree to pursue Bachelor of education course is 50%.

3. There is no upper age limit to pursue this course.

You can pursue Bachelor of Education from open university.
25th October 2016, 03:17 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Yes, there is no such problem in it, you can very much get admission in the above mentioned B.Ed course from Open University being 45 years old and having a degree in the year 1997, there is no such age criteria for it.

You should have completed your graduation degree with a minimum of 50% in aggregate from a recognized university.
25th October 2016, 09:29 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am 45 years old science graduate of 1997 and I am from Jammu and Kashmir and am residing in Kolkata and want to do B.Ed from open university. Is it possible and if so what should I have to do?
As per your marks criteria, you are not eligible for B.Ed course.

Those candidates who have completed graduation or masters degree with above 50% marks from a recognized university are eligible for B.Ed course.

There are no age criteria.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?