10th April 2017, 07:51 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for B.Ed through IGNOU, if got 44.88% in graduation?

I got 44.88 percent in graduation with the category of OBC. Am I eligible for B.Ed. through IGNOU and I completed 1st semester in M.A history

10th April 2017, 10:52 PM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for B.Ed through IGNOU, if got 44.88% in graduation?

In order to pursue Bachelor of Education course from IGNOU, you must fulfill the following eligibility criteria:

> You should have completed your bachelor's or masters degree in any discipline with minimum 50% - 55% marks from a recognized college/university.

> There is no age limit to pursue this course

As you have completed your graduation with just 44.88% marks, so I a sorry to say that you are not eligible to pursue B.Ed from IGNOU. But, you can give a try after completing your master's degree.
10th April 2017, 11:35 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

No, if you are a general and OBC candidate, then you must have at least 50% marks in graduation to apply for B.Ed admission. For IGNOU B.Ed, you also need 2 years of teaching experience.

There is relaxation of 5% marks for candidates who belong to SC/ST/PWD category.
10th April 2017, 11:51 PM
rachna sarswat
Senior Member+

No, you are not eligible for B.ED course after completion of your graduation with 44.88% marks. Candidates who have completed their graduation with minimum of 50% are eligible for this course. 5% relaxation is available for those candidates who belongs to reserved category. So if you belongs to reserved category then also you cannot apply for this course. Thanks
11th April 2017, 02:20 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I got 44.88 percent in graduation with the category of OBC. Am I eligible for B.Ed. through IGNOU and I completed 1st semester in M.A history

Sorry, you are not eligible to do B.Ed through IGNOU with 44.88% marks in graduation. The eligibility to study B.Ed in IGNOU is a Bachelor’s Degree with at least 50% marks in Sciences / Social Sciences / Commerce /Humanity. So you are not eligible to study B.Ed in IGNOU with 44.88% marks in graduation. The B.Ed course in IGNOU is offered through distance education and the course duration will be two years. The eligible candidates will be admitted to the B.Ed course in IGNOU through an Entrance Test conducted by the university. You can find the details in the IGNOU School of Education website link given here Click Here
12th April 2017, 08:16 AM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility Criteria Required to pursue B.Ed in IGNOU:

I am very sorry to say that you are not eligible to pursue Bachelor of Education (B.Ed) course in IGNOU with the above mentioned percentage criteria. In order to pursue B.Ed course, you are required to appear in B.Ed Entrance Test that is conducted by IGNOU. The basic educational qualification required is as follows.

>> You must have completed Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Technology or Commerce or Humanity or Social Science from a recognized university.

>> The minimum percentage you must have secured in Graduation is 55% marks, where as you have secured less than what is required.
13th April 2017, 01:39 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
No, you are not eligible for B.Ed course because your graduation marks is below 50%. OBC candidates are not eligible for marks relaxation.

Those candidates who have completed graduation or masters degree with above 50% marks from a recognized University are eligible for B.Ed course.

There are no age criteria.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?