18th September 2016, 01:18 AM
Unregistered

Is it possible to do graduation without 10+2 from IGNOU? Am I eligible for UPSC exam after that?

Sir/Mam,

Can I complete my degree in 1 year or compulsory in 3 years?
n is there condition of percentage in UPSC? AM I eligible to apply for the UPSC exam after completion of graduation from IGNOU? Can you please let me know what is the minimum criteria needed?

18th September 2016, 12:32 PM
rachna sarswat
Senior Member+

Default Re: Is it possible to do graduation without 10+2 from IGNOU? Am I eligible for UPSC exam after that?

No, you have to complete your graduation in 3 years. There is no way for doing it in 1 year. If you have not completed your 12th then you have to do bachelor preparatory program (BPP) first. Its duration is 6 months. For UPSC exams there is no specific percentage required. Thanks
18th September 2016, 04:03 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to do graduation without 10+2 from IGNOU? Am I eligible for UPSC exam after that?

No, it is not possible to do Graduation course from IGNOU without completion of 12th standard. Only candidates who have completed 12th standard or an equivalent from a Government recognised board are eligible to pursue Graduation course.

The minimum educational qualification required to appear in UPSC examination is completion of Bachelor's degree or equivalent course in any discipline from a recognised university. No percentage criteria is required to appear in UPSC examination. So, after completion of your graduation from IGNOU, you are eligible to apply for UPSC examination.
18th September 2016, 08:45 PM
Khurit
Senior Member+

You can complete your graduation only in the period of 3 years not in 1 year.
There is no percentage required to apply for the UPSC exams. To apply for this exam a candidate must be graduate from a recognized university.
IGNOU is one of the best open university in India and its degree certificate is acceptable for any private and government jobs.
18th September 2016, 11:27 PM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir/Mam,

n is there condition of percentage in UPSC? AM I eligible to apply for the UPSC exam after completion of graduation from IGNOU? Can you please let me know what is the minimum criteria needed?
Sorry to say that you are not eligible for Graduation through IGNOU without completing 12th standard. The candidate must complete 12th standard or its equivalent qualification from a recognized university. Only those who completed their Graduation are eligible to appear in UPSC exam. Once, after completing Graduation one can apply for the Civil Service exam conducted by the Union Public Service Commission.

Eligibility for UPSC Civil Service Exam:

- The candidate should have passed a Graduation or its equivalent qualification from a recognized university.-

- There is no minimum percentage requirement. The candidate age should be between 21-32 years. Age relaxation is given to reserved category candidates.

The Selection Process is based on Preliminary exam, Mains exam and Interview.
19th September 2016, 09:50 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir/Mam,

After completion of 10th standard, you can't do graduation course. Only those candidates who have completed 12th standard from a recognized board are eligible for graduation degree.

One year graduation degree is not valid for UPSC exams.

Those candidates who have completed graduation degree from a recognized University are eligible for UPSC exam.

If you have completed 12th standard from a recognized board then you can apply UPSC exam like NDA examination.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?